How does the state of LOUISIANA with so little amount of people?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by www.six3.us, Mar 27, 2006.

1. www.six3.us

www.six3.us Founding Member

PRODUCE SO MUCH TALENT?

- the HERD on espn radio right now!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We don't, really. But we are rare among southern states in having only ONE major conference school in the state. We get the cream of the stay-at-home crop. Auburn and Bama fight each other for homestate players, Ole Miss and State, Georgia and Georgia Tech, Florida and 3 others, Texas and three others all do.

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

We are #1 or 2 in the NFL in players produced per capita. I'd say we produce a good bit of talent.

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Ole Miss
    Mississippi State
    Southern Miss
    Alcorn
    Jackson State
    Mississippi Valley State
    Delta State

Plus there are about 12 Jr. colleges to help draw crowds away from the big three games. I know there's a big difference between SEC and Jr. college but if your son plays jr. college, chances are you will go watch him before going to see the SEC game. Plus their bands and student body.

Then you throw in those that don't even give schollys.....Millsaps, Miss. College, etc. All in the poorest state in the union. But you can find a game to attend.

Not to mention LSU is convenient to some us.

5. mpadow

mpadow Founding Member

Actually we do. One of the main reasons Saban came to LSU was because his agent did the research and told him that Louisiana produces the most NFL players per capita.

6. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Col Reb... every state has many jr colleges and private schools, including Louisiana. I think that you lost the main point, LA only has one major conference team.
    You dont have to make up excuses as to why ole miss cant produce:yelwink2:. ( jk )

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Maybe I didn't show my point well here. No recruit in his right mind would pick the Hamond school or even the Rajun Cajuns over LSU. I really can't think of too many that Tulane pulled from you guys, although over the years thay have had a couple pretty decent qbs. But be serious here a minute. If you could take all the best of the atheletes from So. Miss., MSU, AND Ole Miss, you would have the makings of a really good team each and every year. And the people could really use a stadium like TS. As it is now? Naah.:dis:

And hey, I'm not making up excuses why we can't win. We have so many that haven't even been used in "so" long, we need no fresh new ones...

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Actually we do. Louisiana is fifth behind California, Florida, Texas, and Georgia for producing nfl talent. Per capita, we're even higher than that.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

One of his points was that even some of the smaller schools in LA have success in athletics...i.e. Tulane, Northwestern St., Southern, etc.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Saban was quoted as saying that while he was coaching in the NFL he noticed that so many good players were from Louisiana. When the opportunity presented itself for him to come to LSU, that nugget of info and the fact that it was the only state flagship school tipped the scales in our favor.

LA has a lot of poor people, which produces people who work harder because they don't expect anything to be given to them. I like to think that we can outwork anyone.