How good is Ingle Martin?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Peach, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Peach

Peach Freshman

I am a loyal LSU fan (love tailgating, getting together for away games, etc.), but only recently have I started looking at forums and really trying to understand the Tigers’ strengths and weaknesses. Also new to me is studying up on upcoming opponents. So I will understand if my question is too elementary.

The recent posts about Zook’s recruiting promises to Leak of a starting position have explained a lot about why Florida is looking pretty bad so far. (I know there are other reasons and other important positions, but QB is an influential position.) Anyway, my question is: Is LSU in trouble if Zook finally caves to the pressure of the fans and the impending mutiny by senior players and puts in Ingle Martin? Especially if Martin feels the need to prove himself to win the starting position in future games.

2. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

IMO I THINK INGLE IS A DECENT QB BUT THE FACT STILL REMAINS THAT ZOOK IS THE COACH. YOU COULD HAVE JOE MONTANA AS QB AND THEY COULD STILL BE IN TROUBLE!!!!!

3. turn1200

turn1200 Freshman

Ingle is a competitor and a clutch player. However, he is not accurate enough to run a wide open passing attack. So the answer is probably not. BTW, Leak was not promised the starting job. He is the more accurate QB.

[​IMG]