How interesting...Blanco dodging disclosure and slinging mud...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Oct 28, 2003.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Seems that Blanco is trying to distort Jindal's record by making claims about the budget cuts he made, as well as his record of increasing medical services to children during his tenure.

Now, it seems that she's trying to say that Jindal is letting Foster do his dirty-work while staying above it claiming that he's distancing himself from Foster, all in a "good cop bad cop" act...

Give me a break...

Has this woman focused on ONE issue yet?

Hell, Jindal offered-and followed through-on putting his donation list online every 48 hours and updating it. To be honest, it's a good idea.

She claims he's trying to "run her race for her"....When in actuality she was floating rumors about his donations...

So, when he ups the ante, she backs down and claims he's playing politics...

This woman's a joke, her candidacy is a joke, and her attempts at painting herself as an accomplished politician with a track record of success in economic development?

She was in charge of TOURISM, for God's sake!

One of the biggest political groups in New Orleans-SOUL-who is usually at the control and behest of Ben Jeffers, one of the former "Gold Dust Triplets", came out for him...

If she can't garner political support from black groups, isn't that indicative of her candidacy, and her platform?

Now she's talking out of both sides of her mouth today...At first saying she'd work to get rid of the Urban and Rural Development Funds...Then coming back today and saying she wants a "fair and equitable assessment" of that political pie that gets cut up based on who scratches whose back...

I wonder, who would do that fair and equitable asessment? It's a waste, and it's a piece of pork we don't need...

Get rid of it, and get rid of Blanco...

2. JD

JD Founding Member

Has your man focused on an issue? All he says is "I'm not a politician - I am an ideas man" yet never puts forth an idea..

As for slinging mud, the first attack ads were, predictably, Jindal ads - attacking Blanco for "attacking" him.

Oh, and you never did answer - did he cut health care for kids or did he not?

What did Blanco not disclose, as your header suggests? I looked at Jindal's site, couldn't find his campaign donor list. Got a link?

And isn't it amazing that you now laud SOUL for coming out for him (BOLD did as well - didn't know about SOUL). Of course, had this been a democratic candidate, you would have accused her of vote buying. I

Oh, and his position on abortion pretty much indicates what he (and the far right wing that pulls his strings like a puppet) thinks of women - they are on earth to breed and nothing else.

3. iluvepcot

iluvepcot Freshman

http://www.bobbyjindal.com/online_hq/in_the_news.htm

Theres your link. And as far as not putting forth ideas, i guess you missed the 14 page pdf on his bold new vision for Louisiana. You think you can find it or do I have to link that one for you as well. Get ready to have a republican governor, big guy!!!

TUWHO EDITED THIS POST

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

First and foremost, his website shows that he's VERY issued oriented and focused...Just ask him a question, he'll answer, I assure you...

Go look at Blanco's....Does she even have one? Will she answer, or take off like she did in the runoff and go off on her own to try to make every answer a pageant answer?

As for the abortion issue...To be honest, I have no problem with his abortion stance...

If you can be charged, convicted, and punished for fetecide...Then that's enough for me...

I honestly have studied the subject of abortion...and there are points at which an embryo cannot feel pain, perse, at the early points of development...

But, that being said...Once a sperm penetrates an egg, I believe that to be the last point at which a pregnancy could-or should-be prevented...

Just my opinion, and perhaps you don't agree.

5. JD

JD Founding Member

And we should make women bear, when impregnated by their daddy, uncle or rapist, under the threat of a long prison sentence?

6. JD

JD Founding Member

Thank you - I see you are as big an asshole as jindal is.

Like I said, a lot of BS, but few specifics. Coastal erosion? Refine the coastal erosion plan (wow, that's an idea). Education? Raise pay and hire better teachers and principals. Values and faith? Why, let's get the government involved in your spiritual life -and, by all means, protect the 2nd amendment, the key to spiritual growth.

And the one I like best - the covenant marriage. Yep, get the shit kicked out of you by a spouse, but wait 2 years and think real hard about it before you leave him.

And the best, of course, is the man whose strings are pulled by the taliban wing of the republican party, who has never been off the government dole in his adult life (his only attempt at private business involved being a goverment contractor sucking on the teat of the taxpayer), accusing (of course, he is never negative) blanco of being owned by political machines.

What a bought and sold clown.

7. JD

JD Founding Member

I don't believe you are correct on that.

8. JD

JD Founding Member

I don't see anything in your quotes about incest, rape or LIFE OF MOTHER. Jindal won't even allow exception for the latter (blanco will on all 3) - like I said, in the right's view of the world, women have 1 purpose - breeding. Jindal, and his uncristian coalition handlers, would prefer to see women on a slab than have an abortion.

9. JD

JD Founding Member

Oh and I read both sites on economic development. Blanco's is much, much, much more specific.

10. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

That is a flat out lie. Blanco would allow abortion in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.