How long was Michigan bball on probation?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, Apr 1, 2004.

1. LSU

LSU Founding Member

How much did boosters pay their players? 700,000 dollars? How long were they on post-season probation? How many scholarships did they lose?

How much did LSU boosters pay Lester Earl? How long were we on probation? How many scholarships did we lose?

2. DJBurke

DJBurke Founding Member

3. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

yeah, but they have sinced reduced some of those sanctions not excluding the fact that they are playing in postseason play this year... BUT even if they had upheld all these sanctions, it would not have come anywhere close to what the NCAA put on Dale Brown and LSU... BUT PLEASE DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON HOW THE NCAA TREATED LSU!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The NCAA would simply cite that Michigan complied, turned themselves in, punished theirselves without fighting the NCAA, etc. Of course their case couldn't be fought since it was already found in a court of law that all of those players had accepted the money and there was no point in fighting it. Also, I remember reading something about the guy that gave them all of that dough was not an official of the university and that is one of the reasons for the less harsh sanctions. Total BS IMO but just like Bama and others they got off much easier than LSU.

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Did you say that Michigan's probation ends in 2006. That can't be. They just won the NIT tournament. Hell it takes 4-5 years to recover from being on probation just ask John Brady and some of JB loyal supporters. It must be some cruel April Fools joke. No way I'm not buying it. Michigan can't be that good.