how long will it take for a freshman to take snaps against ULM?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purpleloungefly, Aug 7, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'd like to debate you but I don't remember the facts. Someone posted the game situation a few months ago and, IMHO, it was not time to call off the dogs. Anyway, as we later found out, who were we going to bring in?

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think the fact that it was Florida at their place is why we agree with Saban's decision. If Randall comes in and fumbles the snap once or twice (like Ro his first game), we all know Florida can put points on the board in a hurry from past history. It was just a freak injury. Nothing you can do about it. If there were about 3:00 minutes less on the clock, I think Mauck should've been taken out.

3. profneo

profneo Founding Member

I think the thing that most people have a problem with is the play that was called, not the fact that Mauck stayed in the game. They were up by a lot and their was no need to call a QB draw in that particular situation. However, you really can't fault the LSU coaching staff for that. Mauck comes out fine after that play 99 times out of 100. That said, I'm sure they won't be calling a QB draw in the same situation next time.