How Many LSU Fans Are You Responsible for Creating? (Old thread)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The forum is slow right now, so here we go.......Have you converted a friend into an avid :lsup: fan? How many kids have you had that are LSU! fans b/c you raised them that way? Have you ever brought someone who wasn't necessarily a fan to Tiger Stadium and then they converted? Share your story.

My wife is a USM graduate, but it only took a few trips with me to Tiger :tigerhead Stadium and she has converted! I have 2 kids that I am currently raising to be LSU! fans. Their first game was the Ole Miss game last year. 50% of my little boy's (1.5 years old) wardrobe is Tiger gear. Also, my twin brother lived in Costa Rica for a few years. He married a local Costa Rican gal and they had a baby. He isn't a sports fan, she is. She lives here in the States now and is now an LSU! fan b/c of me and their kid (My newphew...4 years old) bleeds purple and gold!

LSU fans that I am responsible for creating: 5

Can anyone beat 5?:thumb:

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

Re: How Many LSU Fans Are You Responsible for Creating?

my wife sorta liked LSU before she met me but she follows it more now b/c of me (she went to loyola). i'm an LSU alum and one of my best friends attended LSU with me, he had only been in La. 2 years before college and didn't follow LSU until he got there but he more or less cut his teeth under my watch. I don't have any kids but when i do put me down for antoher one.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

One--my high-school girlfriend who followed me to LSU. She never gave a rat's ass about high school football but went with me to every LSU game and came to love it.

She still sometimes calls me on big game days and remains a huge Tiger fan.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

3--My husband who feels like he has to pull for LSU--or else. Then my two daughters, Sloane and Skylar. They are only 5 and 2, but when pregame started playing before the Sugar Bowl, both of them thrust their arms into the air and started running around the living room screaming at the top of their lungs. I think that's a pretty good start.

2 people like this.
  5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Lets see:
    1) My best friend is a domer but he pulls for LSU since I have met him.
    2) My ex-girlfriend from high school. Our "dates" consisted of going to sports bars where LSU was playing. She pulls for them still and we're still close, but, I went to LSU, she stayed up north.
    3) Most recently, another girl from high school . We started talking a few months ago and I got her to apply to LSU. She'll be transferring Fall 07. Needless to say, she loves LSU more and more everyday. Could be a possible fanatic by the time she gets down here.

Three definates and probably a few others. I was the only LSU fan at my school so I tried to spread the love around. Hard task when I was surrounded by buckeye fans. But, the library has an LSU poster and I gave my acceptance letter to LSU to ms. legg the librarian for all the Sh** she had to put up with me. She framed it and hung it up because I was the first from the school to go to LSU.

so. 3-5 would be a good number

1 person likes this.
  6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

One, my little brother who is 11. I brought him to a basketball game and he particarly loved shouting "tigerbait!" at people.

I was actually the one among my friends that had to be turned into a Tiger fan...

7. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I've created a bunch of Wanna-be's. None that are like me though.

1 person likes this.
  8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Within fessin' up to youthful indescretions, I can only claim 4. :hihi:

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I've created 3 little tiger fans from scratch and converted one. I consider the convert a huge accomplishment since she was a Gator. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I had to marry her to break her away from the dark side but it's been worth it.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have quite a few conversions under my belt so far.

My youngest 3 year old daughter Gillian is a given and my stepdaughter is now a huge LSU fan. Her dad hates LSU with a passion and after we started bringing her to LSU games she now makes her dad play the LSU band cd in his car on her way to school every morning. I know it tears him up inside.:hihi:

My 2 cousin's new spouses have also been converted to LSU fans, one was a huge Texas Tech fan and the other was an Oklahoma fan. They now attend games with us every year.

We have a condo in Navarre, Fla where we have converted many to the Tiger traditions from around the country. We always have a LSU flag hanging over our balcony and a party tent on the beach. We have had Michigan fans defend our tent during the night from opposing fans trying to destroy our setup. We won at least 6 couples over when we had a LSU crawfish boil in the parking lot of the condo. People were just drawn to the fun and LSU excitment. My biggest conversion is a huge Bama fan who lives in the condo. We would talk football with him for a couple of years and he finally accepted our invitation to attend a game in Tiger Stadium with us. He flew down and spent the whole weekend with us on campus. At ponints he was cheering for LSU and telling us that the atmosphere at Tiger Stadium was 2nd to none. He has now given up his season tickets to his daughter and recently applied for season tickets to LSU games.

Brings a tear to my eye. :geauxtige