How Many of You Would Donate Money to LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 13, 2004.

?

Would You Donate Money Back To LSU

1. Donate to Athletic Department

12 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. Donate to Academic Side of LSU

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Donate to Both Sides

36 vote(s)
    61.0%
  4. I Won't Donate Anything

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Many people here have said if they had the money they would donate money to the athletic department. I'm curious how many would donate money back to the university not the athletic part. Me personally I would donate money back to the school that is giving so much to me in my life right now.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

After college I plan to give back to the school as well as the athletic department. I want LSU to be the top athletic school in the nation as well as a top academic institution in the nation. I feel we hae the leadership in both areas that we can get stuff accomplished.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Currently, I'm a member of TAF, and donate annually. I'm also getting season tickets this year, and increasing my donation.

I only donate to the athletic side because that's the only side I've ever been associated with. LSU did not, and continues to not have, my major (which is why I couldn't go there in the first place). So, unless they start a Radiologic Technology program in the future (and I DON'T count LSU-Eunice as one), then I won't donate to the academic side.

:geaux: :lsug:

4. Mis'sippi Tigah

Mis'sippi Tigah South End Zone Bleachers

I always wondered how much money they could raise for Nick's Football only complex if they sold bricks or tiles like they did for the alumni center.

I bought a brick for my daughters. I'd surely come up with a bill to have my name engraved on a brick leading up to the complex.

Outside of my ticket donations, that's it for me this year. But I'm also not an official alum, although somehow I got an invitation to join the alumni association. Go figure.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I donate via TAF each year. I also have donated (And will again) to the I Like Mike Foundation.

6. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

After graduation, I plan on donating primary to Tigerband every year. A new band room is desperately needed (with a price tag of several million dollars and hardly any money has been raised thus far). Besides that, the absolute best memories I will have from college will be from Tigerband. The majority of my friends that I've meet have been from band, and a few of those will be life-long. I'm going to give back the the program that gave so much to me. And I'll be damned if Tigerband ever has to miss another game (Arizona 2003) to save money to buy new uniforms.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think as long as people donate to LSU in anyway they are helping all aspects of the school.

8. Erin Krohl

Erin Krohl Founding Member

9. Erin Krohl

Erin Krohl Founding Member

Sorry -my post didn't quite make it -
    I agree with cajdav1 -
    I have donated through the Alumni federation, as I attended LSU on an alumni scholarship. However, in the future, I will donate to TAF, something that was not in place when I participated in sports for LSU (swimming and x-country track). PLus, every year I go to BR for a game and spend BEAUCOUP bucks in the bookstore buying LSU stuff. This year I'm sure will be a record as I'll have NC stuff to buy (in addition to what I've already bought on line)
    LSU provided me with an excellent education , great times being on sports teams and a permanent purple and gold outlook on life -

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

My ex-gf is a Rad Tech major and she would be at LSU if LSU had her major. She visited LSU on her own for the first time this past weekend and she loved it. She now is stuck in Monroe wishing she were in Tiger Town.

I am currently a TAF Collegiate Club memeber so I give a small amount to athletic side. In the future I will givr to the athletic side since I will want tickets but if I have disposable income just to donate, it will go to the academic side first.