How many touches do you wanna see Shepard have vs Bama?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 1, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I got a minimum of 15.

I don't care if 14 of them are for -2 yards each. The 15th one might be the game winning 78 yard touchdown run.

1 person likes this.
  2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'd like to see him return a punt or kickoff. I think he's taken enough hits and gotten the jitters out. He's said in interviews that he's been practicing on special teams.

It's time.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It will be a season lost if LSU falls short due to lack of scoring (10-9, let's say) vs Bama and Shepard didn't get his shot and Holliday wasn't in the gameplan, etc.

Bottom line, I do not trust Les Miles to put the best players on the field to give your team the best chance to win. It's his one big shortcoming.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You love Shep...we understand that but wanting to see 15 touches against this defense is crazy. As much talent as he has he's not ready for that kind of workload...especially against McClain and company. He should have been getting that number of touches against lesser defenses. You don't hang him out to dry against this bunch.

Besides, Miles just isnt going to do it. He is going to play proven SEC players who have shown they can take the hits this kind of defense will hand out. Shep will get 4 or 5 touches at most.

1 person likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

8.34 touches. :rolleye33:

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I don't understand how you could possibly think this.

You may disagree with him based on your perception of player talent - I understand that part. But he clearly puts the best players on the field based on HIS perception of who is ready/best.

He spends just a moment or two more than you and I with these "young men". And I think he might be interested in winning, as well.

So he gets my trust.

3 people like this.
  7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I just think we need to mix things up a bit more with Shepard. Everytime he is in, he gets the ball. Most plays dont work because of that very reason. While he has busted two in consecutive weeks, his avg run is for not because everyone knows whats coming. Its time to diversify things. Id like to see him get a few more opportunities at WR on slants or outs. Overall Id like to see about 8 touches against Bama. Possibly more. A lot will depend on the OL and how well they hold blocks against that great Bama DL. I just hope Mt Cody doenst eat up this very suspect OL. Its improving but still a work in progress.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I think your idea is on, however we have to face the fact that we are most probably only going to see 45-50 offensive plays. You know Miles will play a not to lose gameplan, which will mean lots of wasted clock. This plays right into the hands of Saban's defense.

If that is the case, there won't be 15 plays for Shep. maybe more like 6 to 8.

I do believe though, if Shep would have gotten 6-8 touches against UF, we are undefeated right now.

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Coach Miles and his staff look at these guys a little more than most fans.

He has a senior tradition that is respected on the team. You earn your way onto the field. Things being close the Senior is going in!!

We want a team on the field loaded with Jr's Sr's and 5th year Sr's!!!

What you expect as all the 5 star's show up and what they get is based on many more things than just what you think you see.

Give it a rest and allow the people that know the entire story to put the best players in at the right time.

:milesmic:

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

:rofl:

Once again his disdain for Miles rears his head. After a game where LSU covers a 36 point spread(everyone said they would not), Shepard scores a touchdown(should have been 5!), Randle catches 2 passes(should have been 10!), Ridley rushes for 73 yards, Scott rushes for 112 yards(Deadhorse should never get the ball!), Lee gets a 99 yard scoring drive, underclassman after underclassman play(No they didn't!), nobody gets hurt.....and Miles still don't put in the right players.

I guess his most glaring failure in the Tulane game is that Ford did not play. We obviously missed a much needed opportunity to blow his redshirt. You see? Miles just don't play the young guys. :rofl:

1 person likes this.