Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

HOW RYAN PERRILLOUX DISAPPEARED COMPLETELY

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BRETT, Feb 6, 2014.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN

After all this time and the guy still doesn't get it. No personal responsibility. The diva thought he was going to have the starting job handed to him.

HOW RYAN PERRILLOUX DISAPPEARED COMPLETELY

The former No. 1 high school dual-threat quarterback recruit in the nation is sitting with his mom on the front porch of a little yellow house on Bluebird Street in LaPlace, La. When a nearby train passes its way south toward New Orleans, it sends the living room décor into a 15-second convulsion.

Ryan Perrilloux is about 30 pounds thinner than I remember him looking at LSU. "This is my mom's house," he tells me. "This is where I grew up, but I live in Alabama with my girlfriend and my two daughters now."
    Perrilloux was disappearing, and fast. He now believes Miles misled him to convince him to choose LSU over Texas.

"Basically, what they're telling me is the quarterback situation is slim. JaMarcus struggled and you'll have a great opportunity to come in here and play." Perrilloux said. "I got in there, and it wasn't that. ‘Cause when I got here I never had an opportunity. I was on the scout team for two years. They didn't treat me like I was the No. 1 recruit in the country. They treated me like a guy they signed to see if he could play or not."

After the national championship game, Perrilloux began to, as he calls it, "act out." LSU used a point scale for student-athlete behavioral infractions similar to the way the DMV uses a point system to track careless drivers. Miss a class, one point. Miss a team meeting, another point. Collect enough points, and they kick you off the team.
    "I asked him where he (Perrilloux) was going to get drafted," Crowe continued. "And he said, ‘There's nobody that's going to draft him, Jack. Nobody wants to deal with the stigma.'"

in 2007 NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell introduced a new NFL Personal Conduct Policy, part of his "Protect the Shield" campaign.

The last bullet point under "Standard of Conduct" in the Personal Conduct Policy stipulated, "Discipline may be imposed for conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL Clubs or NFL Players."

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

That is a great article. Still wonder now and then if the Saints should take a flyer on RP.
  3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Still blaming everyone else.
    tigerchick46, Richdog and furduknfish like this.
  4. msully

msully Founding Member

I do not remember him being the great player , just talk
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Damn good article. You know I wonder sometimes if this staff has a problem with turning their backs on kids who need that extra effort. Perriloux, Mathieu, could Les have gone the extra "miles" with them, would it have been perceived as him only doing it because they are stars? Those 2 dismissals ended up being huge, and perhaps I'm way off, but maybe I'm not.
    lsutiga likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

I like the fact you don't get treated like a rank, but as an equal. What a tool. At least back then.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  7. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

Really?
  8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He has no one to blame but himself. When I saw him saying he was going to start as a freshman and win 4 heisman trophies I knew he had issues.
    tigerchick46, ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun I'll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter!

I tell my middle school kids, the really great athletes, and I have taught 6 that are now in D1 programs, to date.

"You are the big dog here and you probably will be in high school, too. But you go down to South Carolina, and Coach Spurrier will have DOZENS just like you, and he does not have time to put up with your crap." (we seem to have a lot that go to Spurrier)

And that is how it is. With the talent LSU has and seems to have had for some time, there is just not time to "waste" trying to right a broken apple cart.
    Tiger Exile likes this.
  10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Wow poor guy. He just always gets unlucky and gets in the wrong spot at the wrong time and now, he's the best quarterback on the planet but no one will hire him because he used a fake ID 8 years ago. :confused: