How things have changed!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GMTarondor, Jan 15, 2004.

1. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

I must say it is a fantastic time to be a fan of LSU Tiger Football!

Has an avid fan I remember a few months ago I and most on this forum always hoped for the best. We knew the talent was there, we knew we had a good coach in Saban, but we have been dogged from past experience to expect the let down. There has always been the doubt for me.

But my faith in this team was growing since our Tigers absolutely destroyed Arizona. And it kept growing as the season progressed. If was a good feeling having my belief level slowly rise, and rise, and rise. The Florida was a let down, but the SC game hardened by belief that this team was a great one. That a program was coming together. The win against Auburn, against Bama, and then Ole' Miss. And then the game against Arkansas and I knew LSU was a top caliber team. I firmly believed that this years team was NC contender.

And yet, I still doubted we could beat OU. I took the afternoon off (game was on live at 2:30 PM Monday here) and told my business partner "I'm gonna watch the Tigers play for the NC!" He asked "How are their chances?" And I responded "I don't know!"

And I was jumping up and down with a few other Americans in my living room all afternoon long and then LSU wins it. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Let me tell you where I, as a fan, am right now. I expect to win it again. I expect to see LSU in the top 5 next year. I believe LSU can win it again in 2004. I expect it because I believe it. And I believe it because 1) Nick Saban is still the coach 2) The Tigers only lost two players to the draft 3) LSU has been recruting studs for coming on 3 years now, 4) You beleive it too.

How things have changed! Damn, it feels good!