How to watch a live game online

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Peach, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Peach

Peach Freshman

My apologies if this has been addressed already, but I could not find it on TF or anywhere online. Could someone explain the different ways in which a game would or would not be available for viewing online? I know it depends on whether or not the game is broadcast on TV. But what is the difference between TigerVision and the Geaux Zone? What are the costs? Is it ever possible to watch a live game online for free?

This week of course, I am specifically interested in the North Texas game. LSUsports.net shows an icon for "Live Video Available - Link available at start time." But will that just take me to a page that requires payment?

Thanks in advance!

2. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Tigervision (LSU's pay-per-view system for game that aren't picked up nationally) is availible outside of local cable areas through the ESPN Gameplan system. You can only watch the game online if your ISP has a deal to carry the espn360.com website. you can go to that address to check if your ISP carries it.

As for direct from LSU, as per their last announcement (http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27815&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=1569455), the n. texas and troy games will NOT BE AVAILIBLE THROUGH THE GEAUX ZONE WITH VIDEO. the live feed is just audio, which i'm sure you will be able to find for free *cough* somewhere before the game :wink: :hihi: *cough*

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

nasty cough ya got there pod. think a few cookies would help that?:grin:

4. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I should add as a notice to the chicken wire regulars, Tigervision means you'll just be enjoying the dulcet tones of hawthorne while looking at a black square. Chicken wire is not a digital cable service.