How will LSU adjust to the post Saban era?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrx, Jun 5, 2005.

1. mrx

mrx Founding Member

Here is a great article from the TigerReport.com Football Analysis Page.

:tigerhead The LSU Football team will have to get used to the new coaching staff and try to keep all the positive momentum from the Nick Saban era. The talent is present for a big season led on offense by sophomore QB JaMarcus Russell, who has enough experience and ability to be expected to come through with a strong year.

The talent at running back is tremendous with Alley Broussard, Joseph Addai and Justin Vincent all good enough to carry the offense. Skyler Green, Craig Davis, Dwayne Bowe, Early Doucet and Xavier Carter could be the nation's best and fastest receiving corps. The offensive line loses Remington Award winning center Ben Wilkerson as Rudy Niswanger will take over his job.

On defense, it'll be business as usual despite the loss of the star defensive end Marcus Spears as Kyle Williams and Claude Wroten will form one of the SEC's best tackle duos. The back seven is packed with power and agility, but the starting corners need to be replaced losing Travis Daniels and Corey Webster.

The schedule is a dream for the Tigers with Tennessee, Arizona State, North Texas, Appalachian State, Arkansas, Florida, and Auburn in Baton Rouge and the road games against Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Alabama and Ole Miss.

One of the more prominent problems for LSU last year was the field goal kicking. Ryan Gaudet will probably play backup to P/K Chris Jackson, so LSU shouldn’t have a problem with that next year. :tigerhead

2. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

The best LSU website you say?

If they are the best , surely you would think they would post
    the correct score to yesterday's game?
    see below:

[​IMG]
    TIGERS SIX RUN EIGHTH INNING ISN'T ENOUGH TO PULL OUT VICTORY

6/05/05- The LSU Baseball team got down to an early 3-0 deficit and couldn't come back to defeat Rice on Saturday, losing by a score of 14-5. The starters for the Tigers were: Quinn Stewart (LF), Chris Jackson (3B), Will Harris (1B), Ryan Patterson (CF), Clay Harris (2B), Dustin Weaver (C), Nick Stavinoha (RF), Michael Hollander (SS), Jordan Mayer (DH), and Greg Smith (P). Smith pitched 6 innings allowing 8 runs on 7 hits. Jordan Faircloth pitched 1 inning allowing 1 run on 2 hits. Jason Determann pitched 1 inning allowing 0 runs on 0 hits. With the loss, the Tigers will play Northwestern State on Sunday. If they win, they will advance to play Rice in which they would have to win both games in order to advance to the Super Regionals.

now, I could have sworn it was a different score than that...

3. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

They also messed up the starting lineup.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

"Best LSU Website on the net"

Must mean on his local intranet.

5. mrx

mrx Founding Member

Problem fixed

6. Rocky_Top

Rocky_Top Freshman

Well, I think you guys should be fine. Saban left plenty of talent on the team. And Miles stole Ryan Perillouix from Texas, so surely he might knack for recruiting just like Saban did. Plus, Miles singed a smalled but very talented incoming class. I think you guys will be fine.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Too bad they reported today's game AS A FINAL :confused: and said we'll move on to face Rice. :dis:

Talk about counting your chicken's before they hatch, huh??? Too bad that OFFICIALLY, the game is in a rain delay, NOT a final.

8. mrx

mrx Founding Member

Please, don't be so critical of my website. Try my best with it. I know it's not great, but I am giving it my all to put as much quality in it as possible.:tigerhead

9. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

"NORTHWESTERN STATE COMMITS SIX ERRORS IN LSU GAME, PLAY RESUMES MONDAY DO TO RAIN DELAY"

Due, not do

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Everybody chill out on the guy's website. LStUdent, congratulations on your ability to spell - you aren't impressing us & you are being an a$$.

mrx is new here & he's got a website that he's trying to make for us, the LSU fans. All he did was try & share an article with us. There's no reason to jump down the guy's throat.

mrx, don't take it personally. Everyone here is just stir crazy waiting for football season to start, add on to that the baseball drama & you've got a bunch of people ready to jump on anybody for anything.

The article does lack some insight & doesn't report anything we didn't already know... but I still appreciate mrx sharing it with us.