How would you feel if LSU played on a Thursday Night?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Sep 25, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Looking at the Southern Miss-Nebraska game that is coming on ESPN tonight got me to thinking. How would you feel if LSU played on a Thursday night. I know a home game on Thursday night would not work but how about a road one. We have had VT-A&M this year on a Thursday and Miami-LA Tech. I would not mind it too much. Big time schools are starting to move games to other nights of the week.

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

suposedly this is the "monday night football" of the college world. the gameday crew calls the game, and you are the only deal going that night, so the spotlight is on your program.

this would be ideal for an out of conference game early in the season, like against a Marshall or Va Tech.

i would love to see the tigers play on thursday night!

3. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I wouldn't mind it per se, but sometimes the Thursday night games have the feel of a spare ESPN2 game.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Its usually because the teams suck. If they had good teams every week, the Thursday game would be great.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

As a College Football fan I love Thursday night football. As an LSU fan I'd hate it. What the hell would I do Saturday? Play 36 holes? Hmmmmm might not be so bad after all.

6. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

It's pretty good. We played MSU once on a Thursday. It's kinda cool to have the focus since yours is the only game on TV. It sucks two days later though because you're watching all these other games and feel like you ought to be gearing up for your own.

7. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I would prefer not to play on Thursday nights except possibly non-conference like someone stated above, but even then I'm not wild about it. By Saturday you are old news if you played on Thursday night. I also travel 700+ miles for a game so the saturday nights are good for me, do you think ESPN will check with me first?lol. Plus I think the BEST spot of all to be on TV is Saturday night ESPN, I think thats even better than CBS saturday afternoon as far as exposure. Less games competeing for viewers.

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I wouldn't mind it if it was a road game, but I don't want a Thursday night home game. I need the day after off of work so I can recuperate.

9. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Hmmmm.... let's see. I'd still have to go to class Thursday, go to band practice (probably earlier than normal which my cause me to miss some of my other classes), go to a night game which because it is on TV will be longer than usual, fight the traffic to go home, probably go to a party that night (victory party of course), stay out late, probably get a little intoxicated, and then have to go to class the next day on Friday????? Oh hell no!! Thursday games suck!! Keep the game on Saturday, so I can sleep in on Sunday.

10. droplinebacker

droplinebacker Freshman

Actually TitanTiger, if you are referring to the 95 AU-MSU Thursday night game, that one was postponed to Sunday due to a hurricane. I will never forget the look of the ESPN crew as they were trying to haul *ss out of town that afternoon. Good thing they did - we didn't have power for 5 days.

On a side note, I unfortnately attended the Titans-Saints game this weekend. Made me want to start wearing a paper bag over my head again. On a positive note, if you are in Nashville, be sure to check out Otter's for chicken. It just opened down the block from the Tin Roof and, coincidentally, two doors down from Two Doors Down. Great SEC atmosphere, and awesome signed autograph from "the Alabama coach formerly known as Mike Price." :lsug: