Howdy from a Vol fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OrangeCrush, Nov 26, 2007.

1. OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush Freshman

Hey Tiger fans! Just dropping in for a little pre-SEC Champ game talk. I know that us Vol fans have been hoping to be here for the last couple of years, and somehow, we have managed to find ourselves in Hotlanta again.

I was really hoping to see the Tigers keep that #1 spot going into this game, that would put the SEC in the national spotlight this Saturday, but oh well.

I was at the 4 OT thriller this weekend in Lexington and this Tennessee team has the heart and the will to win this weekend, but your Tigers will offer us our toughest challenge yet.

Here's to a great game with no injuries! :thumb:

GEAUX VOLS!

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Hey OC, welcome to the forum. Good grief, that second OT was insane! UK gets the int, then y'all block the field goal!

Unfortunately, I know all too well what it is like sitting through an emotional rollercoaster like that!

Expect a close game this week. Perhaps another rollercoaster ride.

3. OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush Freshman

Thanks 99. Oh man was it intense. I grabbed our seat cushions when that pass was tipped and grabbed by the UK player and all they had to do was kick a FG to win. I was all ready to walk out of that stadium disappointed, but the next thing I know, they go to kick and the ball is flying through the air going the wrong way because we blocked it. Our section went nuts and we had new life breathed into our fans and our team. The defense was pumped up during the last two overtimes.

I'm expecting a great game this Saturday and just hope the Tennessee team that showed up against Cal/UF/Bama doesn't show up again.

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

You going to the game? I know UT usually sends the entire state.

1 person likes this.
  5. OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush Freshman

Unfortunately, no. I'll be squarely in front of the TV in my living room though, with my Power T flag flying off the front porch! Man, I'm excited about this game!

p.s. my other team is Michigan (married into it) and it's interesting watching Miles and the will he or won't he leave discussions.

6. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

That was interesting to watch, especially after the 4th. and 10 disaster that the Tigers suffered in OT. I was watching and told a pal that Fulmer should go for 2 in the first OT, as I thought he wouldn't be able to stop KU any more, so why not try it when KU wasn't expecting it. I thought it would come down to a 3rd. OT at best for the Vols, so why not give it a go? Of course, that's just silly, no major college coach is going to go out on a limb like that, what am I thinking?

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I predict the final score at end of regulation will be 14-14. Then after we set an all time record for most overtimes the game finishes up 83-81.

I have no clue who will win though.