Huge Lady Tiger Basketball Game Next Sunday vs. Tennessee

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Feb 16, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Next Sunday the 23rd the Lady Tigers play Number 3 ranked Tennesse in the PMAC at 4:00 P.M. This is quite possibly the biggest game for the women ever and we need the Tiger fans to show up in big numbers. This game could have huge implications on not just the SEC tourney but all the NCAA's If you only go to one game all year this is the game to attend. We need the PMAC packed to the rafters and have the place rockin. I was at the triple overtime game today against UCSB and wow it was an exciting game. They play a very exciting brand of basketball that you can't get from the men.
    GEAUX SUE GEAUX

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

hopefully we can get over 5000 to the game.

3. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I think 5000 fans would be good but I hope we can draw 8,000-9,000 people and really get the PMAC rockin.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, you had better let the media know about it. I just watched Channel 9 sports and they did not even mention the Lady Tigers' win. They are #3 in the country and beat a ranked team yet not a word. They ran a story on the Baseball doubleheader, then the Southern game at Lamar, then a mention of the softball team in Nevada then a Daytona 500 story. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT SUE GUNTER'S TEAM!!! That is a disgrace.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

that is a real disgrace.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Well, the game was on Saturday afternoon and last night they showed decent highlights from each overtime. It was the lead story in sports before men's basketball.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's the disadvantage of living in an area where the Morning Advocate doesn't deliver and we rely on the Lafayette Daily Fertilizer for news.

8. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

I think it would be a shame if that game does not draw at least 7,000 LSU fans. If I lived within a hundred miles I wouldn't miss it for anything. I saw LSU beat #1 UT a few years ago in the PMAC and it was a very exciting b-ball game.

9. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

I agree...

I went to the game last Saturday and it was a blast. I have never been to a ladies game before and I will tell you that it was very exciting. If you love LSU then you will have no problem getting excited for the #3 team in the country. I can't get over how much fun it was and how addicting the crowd is. I will be there Sunday against Tennessee and I promise you that for $5 dollars a ticket, you will not be more entertained.

Remember that this is the #3 team in the country and it is our team, so get out there and support them. Support of every program at the University goes a long way in signing recruits and keeping LSU at the top!

10. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

I would be willing to bet the house that the game against Tennessee will break all the attendance records for a Lady Tiger's basketball game. Look for at least 10k for Sunday's game with the very real possibility of a sell-out. The Athletic Department is supposedly going to start promoting the game on Wednesday via TV, Radio, etc.

I can't think of a bigger game for the Lady Tigers in my memory.