Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Hybrid/Convertible Computer

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by mobius481, Oct 31, 2012.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

I make my wife use apple only so I don't have to fix anything.

I guess I am putting my foot in my mouth here........
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No that's smart. I tell my family members the same since I'm the one they call to fix or help with shit. Apple has helped me.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

my wife can't even figure out her iphone.

Really, I should say, she doesn't want to know how. Very intelligent but has no desire to learn technology. It's weird.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Men have more of an intellectual curiosity to these things minus the old ones. She could probably tell you quite a bit about blahniks or louboutins however.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon

You can always spot those who have never once used a Mac.
  6. LSUpride123

Keep reading. I own one for my wife.
  7. VampMuse

VampMuse Freshman

While Mac's aren't a joke, they are extremely overpriced. A very reliable laptop brand is Asus, and for the warranty you can't beat a Dell (I used to do warranty work for them, just lie to the people on the phone if you broke it, the techs don't care we get paid to replace it regardless).

If you grew up using Windows the switch to OSX is a confusing one, but if you've spent time on it it's just as good as Windows. However, the only reason I as a techie would ever have a Mac is 1) Final Cut Pro or 2) If I was coding iOS apps.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon

You get what you pay for. I have used UNIX, Windows, and MacOS machines for over 30 years in a lab with over 30 computers. Each have their quirks and virtues. Dell does indeed have a good warranty, they replaced many bad machines and components over the years. We are still waiting for our first Mac failure. We've had hard drives go south, even had a flat screen monitor malfunction once, but never a Mac computer which are rock solid. As far as operating systems . . . the Mac can run OSX, Windows8, and Linux as well as its built-in UNIX. Hard to beat that flexibility and reliability.
  9. LSUpride123

Actually easy to beat if you know anything about computers and hardware.

Mac's just make things dummy proof. User friendly back up with cult like support in the form of the fashion store, I mean apple store.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon

I know quite a bit about computers, chief. I'm beginning to wonder if you do.