I am SOOOOO ready. I have BIG expectations this year.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by The Big Bengal, Jul 6, 2003.

1. The Big Bengal

The Big Bengal Founding Member

I've been reading all the "inside scoop" on all the LSU boards for the whole summer and I am SO pumped about this season. I know, I know...it's possible that my hopes and dreams will pop and disappear like a soap bubble, but I really, really, REALLY think this year has the potential to be special in many ways.

We've got two experienced QBs and two ultra-talented incoming freshman QBs.

We've got Addai, who has power, speed, and elusiveness.
    We've got Carey, who is a great change-of-pace back that can fake you out of your jock-strap.
    We've got Vincent, Broussard, and Edwards...all highly talented backs that could have signed with just about any team in the nation.
    We've got Hurley and Steltz fighting for the FB job, both of whom are very powerful with great potential.
    We've got Shawn Jordan coming in and some people say he'll be better than Tommy Banks. Hopefully he'll be better utilized than Tommy.
    We've got Clayton. Nothing special about him. :D lol
    We've got Devery. Can you say Bluegrass Miracle?
    We've got Green, Brazzell, and Bech...is there a faster group of WRs in the nation?
    We've got Craig Davis, Amp Hill, and Dwayne Bowe coming in...these guys will most likely all play in the NFL some day.
    Our OL will be one of the finest in the last couple of decades...Whitworth, Peterman, Wilkerson, Niswanger, Reed...Not to mention some bigtime back-ups.
    We've got some great talent at TE with Edwards, Robertson, Jones, and Hebert.
    That's just the Offense.

People have been questioning our D since we lost both James boys last season. Our D-line WILL be the best in the SEC next year. Our LB and Safety questions WILL be answered. I have this on very good authority. Our corners are the best. Michael Clayton is going to play some D this year along with his offensive responsibilities. In my humble opinion, he's going to be in the running for the Heisman this year. Mark my words. The downside is that he'll most likely be a first round pick next year and this'll be his last year as a Tiger. The upside is...Davis, Hill, Bowe, not to mention Doucet, and Xavier Carter possibly joining the team.

This MIGHT not be THE year for our Tigers, but we're going to see some very exciting things and I believe we'll be "in" every game until the last few minutes and will be dominant in all the OOC games as well as about half of our SEC games.

The good news is, '04 will be even better.
    The bad news is...we've still got almost 8 weeks to wait.

:mad:

Geaux LSU Fighting Bayou Bengal Tigers!!!!!
    Geaux SEC!!!!!
    Come On Football Season!!!!!
    :geaux: :cool: :geaux: :cool: :geaux:

2. The Big Bengal

The Big Bengal Founding Member

By the way...if you haven't noticed, yes...I'm a homer.

lol

:D :D :D

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

We all are...its not a bad thing

4. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

The Big Bengal....You are what I call a true LSU fan. Some people THINK they are....but are just posers. If you wonder why I know you are a TRUE LSU fan its because you always believe in your team and that they always have what it takes to be great! We as Tiger fans ALWAYS need to trust and believe in our team. If you ever doubt LSU, you might as well cheer for another team...

So well said Big Bengal, you brought a big smile to my face:) :geaux:

5. LSUGeauxTigers1

LSUGeauxTigers1 Founding Member

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Great post Big Bengal!!!:geaux: :lsup: :lsug: :lsup: :geaux:

7. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Devery is known for his speed as well, not just the BlueGrass Miracle. Remember when he caught that screen in the Kentucky game, turned up field, and completely smoked everyone. He is a burner, no doubt about it. When he was at RB, he use to hit the holes really quick. I always held my breathe, hoping that he would break through, b/c i knew no one was going to catch him in the open field.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'd like to feel a little more confident about our LB's. What's the two deep look like? Is the Juco guy (Hollis?) going to play right away? I think the secondary will come together but could use a little more re-assurance about the LB's. Hopefully our dominant D-line will make them look better.

I share your optimism at every other position. With the exception of safety, I think we could even suffer an injury or two to almost anyone and not miss a beat.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I agree with everything except the QB part. If Randall is back under center I think we are in trouble. Sure he has a few bright spots but lets face it, as soon as he came in our team went to heck in a handbasket.
    We lost all the games except
    UK - Needed a 1 in a million pass to win that game
    Ole Miss - Thanks Eli for throwing a football off the head of your player
    USC - 1 good Qtr the 3rd.... And most of it was Defense.

Lost
    Arkansas, O.K. that was not Randalls fault
    UT - LSU was dominating until Randall put the ball on the turf then proceeded to fold his tent.
    Auburn - How many Int's did he have
    Alabama - What a beating, at home not one point.

The thing is if LSU is cruising on D and has points he can play, he can keep control of the game, but when it gets tough, when it requires a gamer, he just does not cut it. Dont tell me UK by the way. Lets all be honest with ourselves, that was pure luck.

Yes I know I am hard on Randall, but this guy is not an SEC calibur QB. He just isn't. I am sure he is a great guy I am talking on the field.

Also Mauck had 1 good game last year Florida.

Not trying to be a downer here. I am a huge homer, but I am also a realist. I realize we have 1 QB coming off a Major injury and 1 QB who cannot play D1 SEC football. We got two Rookies that could be all americans.

I hope I am proven wrong, but the thought of Randall taking another snap for LSU gives me great concern...

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm not sure who the QB is going to be but with our dominant O-line, the best WR's in the conference, and Jimbo running the show, I have confidence in the position. I don't necessarily have 100% confidence in Mauck, Randall, Ricard, Flynn, or Russell individually, but I do as a group (considering the guys playing around them). Is that Juco QB from last year in the mix at all?