I don't understand why Bama wants Saban, Spurrier, or Rich but not Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Dec 26, 2006.

1. max

max Founding Member

Why is the Tide trying to throw all this money at Saban? Saban has a losing record this year with the Dolphins. Saban did not have as good of a record with the Tigers his first two years as Miles has. Miles has recruited almost as well as Saban. Clearly, Miles is a much better coach than Saban.

And as for Rodriguez and Spurrier, Miles has had better recruiting classes the last two years and better records than West Virginia and South Carolina. Miles is therefore at least as good a coach as them.

Why does everyone want Saban and Spurrier to coach their team? All they ever say about Miles is that he has the most talent in the country or the conference to work with (those Saban classes of '02, '03, and '04).

I think Bama should look at either Larry Coker or Les Miles. Both did a great job as far as recruiting rankings in their first two years when taking over for a more high-profile coach who left for the NFL. Both had great records their first two years. I don't understand why Miles and Coker don't get more credit as great head coaches.

Well, look what Miles did to a great "team" like Miami in last years bowl. If he can beat Notre Dame with all their talent, I think Miles will finally start getting credit as one of the top five coaches in the country. He's got to be at least top five in the conference of those other ten head coaches. No, coach has done more with les than Les. Come on look at LSU's record!

Steve Spurrier
    Mark Richt
    Urban Meyer
    Tommy Tuberville
    Phil Fulmer
    Houston Nutt
    Rich Brooks
    Bobby Johnson
    Ed Orgeron
    Sly Croom

2. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

Don't give them Bama Fans anymore ideas. :lol:

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Don't take the bait. Look at what this guy said just yesterday:
    Nice try. Next.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He's on a roll with his inflammatory posts lately isn't he. He does get some discussions though.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

max can always be safely ignored.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Excellent idea. I haven't used that funtion in a while. Time to dust it off.

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

That is question that no one has the answer and 'TrueTiger Fans" should not ask. "True Tiger Fans" would rather discuss the short comings of Saban. ;)

8. JakeTheTiger

JakeTheTiger Founding Member

Even if they did go after him, I seriously doubt he would go to Bama. He has a good thing going for him here.

9. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

First of all, I'm not even gonna respond to if or why Alabama should go after Miles. Who is this guy making this post? Who are the guys who gave him the "good" reputation for his past posts?
    Does anybody have this guys address??? That post gave me an upset stomach. I don't like Max too much, can you tell?
    I think this guy's related to Corso.
    LSU!

10. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

That's because Bama and their fans fall for the hype. They are just like people who watch Saturday morning shows that predict the hot and cold stocks for the next week, listen to the hype, and sink their money into these old news stocks. By then it's too late. You have to do your homework, analyze the metrics, and pick someone who the media doesn't talk about. Truly intelligent people don't listen to the media. They do their own homework.