I gotta give credit where credit is due

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Oct 10, 2010.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Les Miles had this team ready to play.

With both team's offense struggling so bad, I thought this game was gonna go into overtime tied 2-2, lol.

The defense was spectacular once again. I never thought I would see us dominate Florida the way we did, especially in their house. I know UF is in a down year, but they are as talented as any team in the country.

The offense was by far the best it's been all season. We played aggressively instead of timid. The playcalling was dramatically more aggressive. No one could have expected it to be, but it sure was. If not for some mistakes, this would've been a blowout which is scary to think.

If we can clean up our mistakes, we won't have to go through these nail biters every game. But it was a very exciting game to watch.

And i actually loved Miles' post game with Hollie Rowe. When she asked him about being the mad hatter, and he said "there's nothing mad under there", i was rolling!

IF this is the team that shows up every game the rest of the way, we have a good shot at winning the west.

1 person likes this.
  2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I totally agree. This team was fired up and our gameplan looked pretty good.

Gotta give props to Crowton and/or the offensive coaches. I didn't have a problem with the playcalling.

Both QB's played pretty good, minus JJ's INT.

All of our skill guys at least got a touch or two and we moved the ball everytime we got it.

:geauxtige

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Plus that team meeting must have yielded some focus.

I liked that comment too.:hihi:

If we continue to improve on offense we have an outside shot at a National Title. If not us, who? There's no team that has more talent.

4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I would agree with most of what you said, it was a good win overall.

However, to say the offensive play calling was aggressive might be a big disagreement there. Florida had 8 guys in the box on virtually every 1st and 2nd down. This is again putting the QBs in a bad position... long 3rd downs. Most of the time the CBs were playing with no safety support on 1st and 2nd down.

INTs or no INTs you have to make the other team pay for playing that type of D.

Again, I thought it was a great overall victory I just strongly disagree that the play calling was aggressive.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Total offense 385 Yards; 16 of 24 passing for 224 yards, 9.3 yards per pass. Rushing for 160 yards. Time of possession LSU 35 minutes to FLA 25 minutes. I can't remember a better offensive game since 07, against BCS conference schools. Maybe Auburn last year but I'm not sure.

LSU defense was the best unit on the field, of course. But this week the offense was better than the special teams.

As the Times Picayune says - Very Satisfying win.

6. DownOnTheBayou

You have to say it was more aggressive last night than the first 5 games?

That was basically my point.

7. DownOnTheBayou

hold on big fella, we still have 3 big games left in our division. Let's take it one at a time.

I do agree, we have has much talent as anybody.

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I would agree with this for some of the second half series, and you can make a case that the end of the first half could have been more aggressive. But I thought the play calling was in line with our talent more than any other time this year, especially Tolliver. Did we run the QB pitch option sweep at all? I don't remember yelling about it.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We will beat Auburn. All we have to do is beat Bama and the loss to Arky will be okay, should we lose.

So I think if we beat both teams from Alabama and win the SEC Championship we jump any Boise/TCU and maybe play Oregon or Oklahoma. Man, that would be a bad scenario for shane LSU/OU. :hihi:

Course a lot could change between now and then.

10. DownOnTheBayou

Typical SEC football.