I hate Florida as much as the next guy...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Vincent4Heisman, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

But man, I feel bad for Chris Leak. It's your senior season, you keep driving your team down the field and just when you are about to get in the endzone, a freshman gets put in your place...

Tebow had 3 TD's today, I don't think Leak had any.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate Florida but doing that to a guy who has stuck through what Chris Leak has stuck through is just f'ed up...

BTW, anyone here think Tebow is going to have some trouble with SEC defenses pass wise?

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Ya sorta like that Urban Meyer spread option won't work in the SEC:confused: ..Tebow doesn't throw the ball enough at this point to see what kind of a passing qb he'll be. Lets stop all this feel sorry for freaking Leak crap. The guy is on a team that is what 6-0 and in the top 5??? He has what the second most td passes in college football??? I dont think he minds.

3. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

You're right, I'm sure someone who is on a few Heisman lists doesn't mind being lifted during scoring situations for a freshman...

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I actually don't think it bothers him as much as it bothers you. Being the starting QB for a national title contender looks just as good as being in the Popularity Award Race. Im sure he'd like to have some of those TD's, but tough ****.

5. UF96NC

UF96NC Founding Member

I hate it for him. But I'm happy with the results of today. During the Kentucky game, the fans booed when Leak went in after Tebow drove the team down the field. The media jumped all over this and tried saying the fans were booing Leak. Some may have said it was racially motivated as well. The fans just wanted to see Tebow finish the drive. But I wonder how much of this gets in Leaks head. If he is mature and puts the team first it shouldn't matter. But the look on Leaks face, when he was on the sideline after the Gator touchdowns, wasn't exactly one of joy. He is a quiet leader and has been criticized by Meyer for not being more vocal in the past. He doesn't show much excitement either. Tebow on the other hand is like a powder keg. I just hope they can see how much they can help each other and the team.​

6. jj1987

jj1987 Freshman

Leak slid before the first down marker against UT without being hit. I think thats a good sign that he doesn't want the running plays, so why not give them to Tebow. If Leak is a good player he will realize his strength and let Tebow use his. I'm sure Leak wants a championship first, then worry about a heisman. If he thinks that way, the alternating QB's are working.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Leak looked a little less than thrilled, in my opinion, on that second TD especially. He gave a tiny little smile, but that spoke volumes.

Still, if it helps his team win, can it be that bad? We obviously couldn't stop Tebow.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I still don't understand this.
    We have or had a real good defense and we knew what he was going to do
    and we couldn't stop him, just like Irons.
    I take back what I said, I now know this defense isn't as god as 2003.
    No way!

It will be interesting to see what Tebow can do on his own.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Florida usually seems to have a great offensive game plan against us. Similar to 03 when it was Leak that was the Freshman, they dropped the back out for the TD's. They were just more prepared and had a better game plan. So It's hard to say which D was better, this year or 03's since we both got lit up by UF.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Yes, I got one of those today from some pussy.
    He should be grown up enough to say who he was.
    Don't like what I said about Fla running up the score on us in the 90's.
    If you think I'm being immature about my view state your opinion and
    quite being a pussy!