I have come to a decision.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dothantiger, Jan 2, 2004.

1. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

No more watching Sports Center, or listening to sports radio shows. No more watching highlights of this week's games.

I've read it many times on this board and other boards that yesterday's game will not take the spirit down on LSU fans. Our game is still the National Championship Game for God Sakes!!!

We hear differently from the media, but what we don't hear is what millions of Americans are thinking and saying. The majority of this country is behind us.

There is still partying going on in the French Quarter. The Dome will still be a packed house (and a very loud one for that matter), and this is still the best damn LSU game of my lifetime.

It's our time. Let's enjoy it. All our complaining and bitching is giving USC exactly what they want. They love seeing us this way. Well, guess what....they're on the outside looking in.

Sunday night's Sugar Bowl will have the entire nation watching. If we play to our ability, we'll get the nation's vote as the #1 team. We all know we can take USC without a doubt so that's not the issue.

The issue is we're Tiger Fans and we will rock the country Sunday night!!!!!!

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Time to put on your game faces

YELL LIKE HELL FOR 60 MINUTES

LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD ... ONE BIG LSU TEAM

WE'RE ALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

3. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Exactly. We need to focus on the positives and turn all our energy into vocal support for the Tigers.

I don't go onto rival school's boards because I know it will only serve to make me angry. I don't watch Herb Kirkstreit (or whatever), Trev Alberts and the other talking-heads for the same reason. When I ignore them they cease to exist in my world, and for me that is very, very good.

I do listen to a lot of ESPN Radio and at times have to suffer the fools. It is impossible to block it all out. This morning on the "Mike & Mike Show" that boob Golic picked Oklahoma. I have no problem with that. It is his privilege as a member of the broadcast media - and everyone else is doing it anyway. Then he said that the LSU fans have been mad at him all year, "and they have a nice team." A "nice" team. Thanks, Mike. I had to wonder if his alma mater (Notre Dame) was 12-1 and playing for the national championship would he consider them just a "nice" team. So it is impossible to ignore it all, but at least I can limit it somewhat.

Anyway, my son and I will be yelling our heads off from up here in Virginia and I expect you to represent the state of Alabama likewise. I've said this before: Let's make enough noise to topple the Boll Weevil monument up the road from you in Enterprise.

4. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

That Boll Weevil monument won't only topple, it's going to get shattered!