Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

I have gone the entire year without watching ESPN

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by islstl, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Expat

Expat Freshman

My SportsCenter, College GameDay, etc, watching went down once I realized that ESPN now makes the news as much or more than they report the news. The switch flipped for me in the 2003 season when Corso said that LSU was lucky to beat Georgia in the the regular season (Mauck to Skyler Green, etc). That view became gospel by many in the national media (until the SECCG).

I still watch. Just not as often or as long.
    tirk likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

I turn on the game right at kickoff.

And I agree with others, shows like 30 for 30 are excellent and I do watch those. I just will not listen to any anal-lysts on that network (save Young and Dilfer, and I don't even get to hear them since I don't tune in to see them).
  3. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

I get where you're coming from Izzy, but what about highlights? After LSU wins, especially a big game, I like to watch the highlights and see what the talking heads are saying about us. The best show for that is College Football Final, with Rece Davis, Sufferin Succotash Holtz, and Mark May. They show the most highlights, but agree that May and especially Holtz are very annoying; particularly Holtz when his hatred for LSU shines through.
  4. Andy Smith

Andy Smith Freshman

ESPN is one of my favorite networks, so it's unfortunate to see the hate. You just can't beat personalities like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Baseless. Priceless...
  5. martin

martin Banned Forever

Both those guys are beyond terrible
  6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I, for one, cannot go a single day without several hours of newspaper writers yelling at each other.