I have to give the hoops teams a hearty congratulations...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 22, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

That was a great start, a gritty middle, and a fantastic finish they put out there tonight...

Thought they would run themselves out of the game, but, though they were gassed, they had enough stamina to stay in it late...

Tack Minor-who many here complain is too out of control & out of sorts too often-was the only reason they won this game, and outplayed the starting Alabama backcourt...

I will say this, and it is QUITE obvious...The slow it down routine at the end is the ONLY reason that Alabama got back in the game...We had attacked all night and kind of used a bass-ackwards approach by starting with the perimeter looks first and dribble penetration much more regularly...

When we pulled it out and did that clock kill shrink the game stuff, that's what put them in position to win the game down the stretch...& I'm telling you now, I'm glad Neltner didn't get a body put on him coming off the screen & roll (a glaring mistake as 4 defenders surrounded Bass on the jumper late, Gottfried will really teach that on the tape come tomorrow) so he could hit that putback...We were gassed for overtime...We played ragged down the stretch...

Free throws again disappointed...15th in the nation, and one of the tops if not the top in the conference, and I think we barely ended up over 50% from the line tonight...

But, all in all, a great performance by the players...Congratulations to all of them, and let's hope this was a coming out party for Minor...

2. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I guess U love JB now. Well guess what? We don't like fans that hate the coach.

3. TigerEducated

I could care less what "we" you're talking about think of me personally...If I did, wouldn't you think that I'd espouse opinions that were much more friendly to this "we" you're talking about collectively?

If you think I put my opinions out there so I can be liked, you'd think I'd come up with some more crowd pleasing opinions...

Get a life, man...

4. TigerEducated

I love JB as a human being and as a Christian...I cannot stand the man's decisions or actions as head coach...and I will never change that opinion, REGARDLESS of how many wins or tournaments they make...

He's bad for the program, and that's the bottom line.

5. olVENICEdog

IM not talking about your big headedness im talking about the way you hate JB and want him run over by a bus. How you gonna feel if LSU & JB win the conference? Are you still going to hate him?

6. TigerEducated

I will feel like he needs to be relieved of head coaching duties. Yes.

I hope those two answers are sufficient for your deficiently sized cerebellum to grasp...I'm not some reed in the wind, like SabanFan...I will stick to my guns...He's a prick, he's a bad decision, and he should be relieved, NO MATTER WHAT HE ACHIEVES.

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

he just led his team to a couple victories over two top 25 teams and looks like we're heading back to the tourney...how is he bad for the program now?

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Wow VENICE, TE actually made a basketball post in which he wasn't explicity bashing Brady and you had to go and eff it up.

9. olVENICEdog

WOW! Well, more power to ya. IM sorry that you have all of that hate in your heart. As far as my deficiently sized cerebellum, something tells me that you spit all over your computer as you said that out loud. Sabanfan is a reed I will give ya that. JB has these guys playing hard and I think he can make a splash in the NCAAT. I say he has earned one more year.

10. TigerEducated

This is precisely what I warned those who were late jumpers onto the anti-Brady bandwagon about...It's what I warn them about every year...

Brady starts out quickly-though this year, he didn't because of being forced to play a somewhat decent schedule this year early-with a patsy schedule, then stumbles into the conference, only to put on a run going into the conference stretch, and somewhat inconsistent finish...

While they swooned, I warned that they still had winstreaks left in them...My badwagon is not one for the weak stomached. I have been here for a lnog, long time, and I am not going anywhere.

Winning 4 of 5 games doesn't erase 8 years of deficient decision making.
    Winning 4 of 5 games doesn't erase 8 years of recruiting mistakes.
    Winning 4 of 5 games doesn't erase countless personal problems.
    Winning 4 of 5 games doesn't erase massive attrition problems.
    Winning 4 of 5 games doesn't make me forget why I feel so strongly about smoething...

Winning is not a cure-all. It never will be. Because there is such a thing as conducting and running a program with class, holding yourself accountable, and taking your medicine and standing up for yourself when called upon.

You go take your little streak, and you enjoy it. I'm glad for you. I'm glad for all LSU fans...I'm glad we won, myself...But, trust me when I say that I apologize that you take a 4 of 5 win streak and want to grant a man a get out of jail free card.

I have 8 years of bull****, and people like SabanFan know the EXACT things I'm talking about...So do Jeffinbama, gumborue, and cajdav1...They all know, but they hope against hope that the wins make it all go away...Well, with me, it won't...I'll still be here reminding you of all the mistakes and shortcomings...They are numerous, copious, and they aren't going anywhere. I'll hound him no matter how many of you hound me.

I am prepared to be a Brady non-fan for life. Sorry you all are disappointed that a simple damn winstreak could change an honest man's honest opinion.