Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

I hope we don't lose Fournette because Hill stays

Discussion in 'The Sidelines' started by WestCoastTiger, Jan 7, 2014.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Give me the best prospect to come out of Louisiana in the last 20 years over a thug like Hill. I don't care if Hill ran for 1400 yards this year he is still not of high character.
  2. cul2969

cul2969 Yeah, I am Batman.

I don't think it will matter because not many teams rely on one back exclusively anymore. Pretty much anywhere Fournette goes he will have to share carries with other backs.
  3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

This is a bad thread. Just sayin.
  4. islstl

islstl Occupy the BCS

Yeah I don't know where this is coming from.
    bayareatiger and LSUDad like this.
  5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

First of all, I wouldn't characterize Hill as a thug. He's made some bad choices like a lot of teenagers, and that has been magnified and publicized b/c of his football abilities. He seems to have genuinely learned from these transgressions, is making amends, and the whole purpose of him staying in college is to have more sustained, untainted success to "payback" LSU and CLM for believing in him and giving him the opportunity, at least that is what he is saying. I suspect, coming from Catholic High, he has some desire to pursue his education as well.

As far as it impacting LF, it won't. He sounds like he is grounded in his character, has been committed to LSU all along, and doesn't seem to be the attention seeker that some at his level can be. If he is not the starter from day #1 b/c JHill has continued for another year, I think he will be fine w/that and will look at it as learning the ropes until it is his time. That's how high character people approach things.

On another note, JHill looks like a once in a lifetime back himself in my eyes. He looks like he is at the level of an APeterson. Why would you not want that for another year or more for fear of affecting someone coming in w/"potential". You know what you have w/Jeremy. He got 1400 yards this year in CLMs system of rotating RBs. Imagine if he got the ball 25-30 times every game. His numbers would have been up there w/any of the great names, and he would have been in NYC for the Heisman. He's that good. This is why I am surprised he may be coming back. While his stock may go up some next year, between now and this years draft after all of the coaches/GMs who will be watching tape, I think JH would be one of those players who you hear his stock is rising big time. I think he would make it into the late 1st round or early 2nd. Why not go, if you are him? RB shelf life is not that long, and, if he has ultimate NFL desires, now would be the time. Would love to see him in P&G another year, though, personally.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Veteran Member

die in a fire.

a thug?
    a bar fight?
    does not compute.

LF has already said Hills decision has no bearing over his.
    so stfu
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm also sick of hearing this chicken little crap.

Fournette has said he is coming to LSU, and that is wonderful, and he may end up being the greatest of all time.

However, Jeremy Hill is the best running back LSU has had since maybe Kevin Faulk or Cecil Collins (the latter of whom can truly be called a thug.)

Hill has done nothing but comport himself well since being reinstated to the team after a bar fight.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

Another dumbass thread.
  9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Veteran Member

Man delete this bullshit. This is pathetic.
  10. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I do not know JHill in the sense that he would be a friend of mine, but I did meet him on several occasions and he does not fit the profile of a thug. He seems to be a quiet, humble young man with a passion for football. Other than the two bad decisions he made you have never seen him as a gregarious ass like some of these primadonnas make themselves in public. I have always respected the kid for hanging in there and learning from his mistakes.

As far a LF he said Hill's decision has nothing to do with his commitment. He is a Tiger.
    ParadiseiNC likes this.