I just heard on the radio that Alabama...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Nov 18, 2002.

1. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: What's all this about humbuckers?

My personal instrument of choice is my Fender Tele Delux played through a hand built tube amp. My present amp is 18watts using EL 84 & tube rectifier pushing 2X12 webber blackframes in Red Tolex with white piping. 15-4's ask for some help with a better instrument and I had a couple for him to choose from. He made a good choice. Nice Fender (made in mexico) Strat with seymore duncan humbucker at the bridge, Drop D tuner and Delux gig bag with lots of extra strings at a brother-in-law price. I like 6+5 and enjoyed helping him out. Do you play? I do love music. :)

2. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

yes, you gave me an excellent deal. no way i could find that any where else. i hope you understand how greatful i am.

that strat is perfect for everything i use it for.

im also a fan of the teles. i love the sound...a tele is probably the next guitar i buy...or else ill just do some mods to the strat.

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Bayou Tider: I play

I'm not a professional guitarist, but I play. I have a Fender Custom Shop Nocaster from 1998 that will be needing a re-fret soon.

It's good to meet some fellow guitar players in here!!

Eleven must be in a band that plays the new rock sounds that we hear today. He's right in that you need humbuckers if you're going for that "wall of sound" that we hear today

4. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

yes, i grew up in the Nirvana, SoundGarden, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, STP (to a lesser extent...yeah they had their moments though) days

i dont know about the rock music 'today'...alternative music is kind of in a rut right now, but there are still some quality new acts out...hopefully it will jumpstart again pretty soon. some of the best bands arnt even signed right now...i guess bc of the teenie bop pop crap that was going on for most of the late 90s *shutter*....thats on the way out...so..wooohoo

i do like playing some more mellow stuff now and then.... Better than Ezra (of course) and Collective Soul etc...

Bayou you mentioned your amp...: i started buying Johnson amps and i love them. you can usually get them a lot cheaper than most others. they dont really match up to marshals and the like...but i like them better than the crates.