I must give credit where credit is due...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Feb 10, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Blanco is one of five governors who are visiting Iraq for a touring of the current living conditions. She'll have a debriefing by the prez on Thursday after that...

I must stand up and applaud this. It's a bold and inspiring move. I'm not sure whether she volunteered, politicked, or just got chosen, but it's a classy move, and one that increases our visibility on the national landscape.

I hope that she learns and brings back something that can translate meaningfully during her tenure.

2. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

Hopefully, next time someone lobbies her for more money to help the poor she'll laugh in their faces. "Poor? HA! Poor people don't live in Louisiana, they live in Iraq!"

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Trust me, the things that will come out of that health care summit should scare every publicly funding institution/organization in the state other than one in the health care field...

4. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I think I would rather her stay at home and do everything she can to keep the State Farm's, etc. located in LA and to encourage others to locate in LA.

I'd rather her spend her time here getting jobs rather than doing publicity stunts.

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I think I read that Rumsfield invited her. A two day trip is pretty dangerous for public figures especially now that it is public on day one. I read where she is at least staying in Jordan at night. I am sure more a few are trying to find out where they are going to be on Wed before they fly out.