I really liked this guy....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SeN-SaTioN, Jun 14, 2004.

1. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

[​IMG]
    Cecil "The Diesel" Collins

"During a one-hour conversation, his only complaint is that his 15-year sentence was harsh. He plans to appeal, claims he might be out of prison next year and expects to resume his football career." This interview was conducted in July of 2002.

Its sad that he made the choices he made. He could've been a great tiger, one who would've did well in the NFL as well.

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

remember when he ran for a ton of yards against Auburn. :D

3. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

remember when dinardo could have sent baby bowden a telgram saying cecil was running off right tackle and we would have picked up three yards anyway.

but we punt on 4th and 2

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Remember it well and almost fell out of my chair when that happen.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Just thinking about when he was in the game, what it was like in the stadium....People would get fired up every time the guy touched the ball... As I type this I think about somehting that compares... When Eddie Kennison would go back to return a punt, the crowd chanting loudly in unison "Eddie Eddie Eddie".... Cecil, what a shame.. :(

6. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Ashame he had so many off the field problems. I still remember that Auburn game

7. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

SeN,
    You may like the guy but if you like your mom, sister, girlfriend, wife etc… you might want to keep them away from this Jack@#A$; less he kick their door in, chase them into a locked bathroom, whip out his pecker and try to rub it all over them.

He was classless and dangerous. Not on 1 occasion, not on 2 occasions… but on many. If I am not mistaken, Nichols or McNesse gave the guy a second chance and he blew that, then the Dolphins gave him a third chance and he blew that.

That guy made his bed many times and has nothing to complain about, including his 15 year sentence. I am disappointed he was ever a Tiger and believe our current leadership would never tolerate this behavior. We as fans should not as well. :usaflagwa :laflagwav :tigbas:

8. Chris V.

Chris V. Freshman

Unfortunately (and I was against it THEN, too), it was McNeese. At the time, Coach Keasler (and this may have hastened his departure) said he'd rather have Collins on his team than try to coach against him. He got his wish for two ball games.

I don't like to do hindisight analysis, but I went ballistic when the announcement was made. I had a feeling this guy was going to embarass McNeese sooner or later. It didn't take long.

I guess it might have turned out the other way, and I would have had plenty of people reminding me of how wrong I was. As it turns out, I'm sorry, in a way, for being right.

Chris V.

9. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

I put this guy right along side Joey Belle as guys I'd rather not admit attended the same university as I did.

Cecil is damn lucky he can play football or he'd be behind bars allot longer than 15 yrs.

10. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Why do you like Collins?

He had more talent than you could shake a stick at and totally, totally pi**ed it away.

On the other hand, that was one helluva deep backfield in 1997--Collins, Kevin Faulk, Rondell Mealey.

I "like" Kevin Faulk--fantastic guy while at LSU, solid contributor in the pros, owner of two Super Bowl rings.

Yup, old number 3-

[​IMG]

-I like THAT guy!