I think we are setting ourselves up for a big fall with Notre Dame.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Dec 19, 2006.

1. max

max Founding Member

All everyone talks about is how LSU is going to destroy Notre Dame including many Notre Dame fans. I hope this is true, but I am alot less confident than the rest of you.

LSU barely beat Ole Miss. Notre Dame has an excellent offensive coach and a very good quarterback. They also have some good receivers. Our offense can be off especially if Miles is going to keep feeding the ball to Vincent or something like that.

I expect us to win, but it won't be that big of an upset if an 8 1/2 point underdog wins. Look, a 10 point underdog just beat the Saints on Sunday. I hope the team is fired up and a little worried to play Notre Dame. I have thought that Notre Dame was overrated all season but I think they're better than Ole Miss and probably better than Arkansas: two teams that we barely beat to end the season.

You can make fun of my call for caution. We can bring this post back out on January 4 to see if it was justified. Go Tigers!

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

As usual, the bearer of tidings of great joy!

I feel confident that we will beat Notre Dame. I'm not saying the the Irish could NOT beat us--not at all. But I feel that we will be more than fired up, and as long as we play with fire in our hearts, we will prevail. Against Ole Miss, we were NOT fired up, and McFadden and Jones were incredible for Arkansas--but we beat them.

We will beat Notre Dame, and when we do, by all means, bring this thread back up on January 4.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'm not gonna make fun of your post, but I will say this. It's been discussed on several other threads. Nothing the fans OR media says is going to affect the outcome of this game. The Ole Miss game was a case of the Tiga's looking past them to the 5th ranked Razorbacks. I think you're wrong about the Irises being better than the Razorbacks, by the way. The reason people believe it will be a blowout is because they look at the Tigers strengths vs. the Irises weaknesses. They don't have the secondary to keep up with our receivers. On the other hand, their offense is their strength, but they have to go against the toughest defense they will ever face. So basically, we've got the advantage on both sides of the ball. As far as being ready for the game, just go back and look at what happened in last years bowl game. CLM will have the guys ready no matter what we say on this forum or what is said in the media. There are a lot of seniors on this team that want to go out with a bang, and their leadership will prevail. The staff and players know that this game will send a message that will influence recruiting, as well as the preseason ranking next year. That's an important point seeing how the polls go every year. It's hard to work your way up if you start outside the top ten or fifteen. Bottom line, the Irises haven't come close to even being in the game with a top 25 opponent this season, and we're a top 4 team. It's as simple as that. Can an upset occur, sure. Is it likely, not hardly. For the first time in a while, we will be healthy. My prediction---38-21. I'm giving ND the respect they have earned on offense, and not giving them respect on defense vs. our offense. I will say this...you're right about giving the ball to JV. It's my only concern with him playing in his last game for the Tigers. Hopefully they'll stretch the field with the pass first so that the running game can take over.:lsup: :geauxtige LSU!

4. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Do you want to know why I think the Tigers will win the Sugar Bowl.....
    2 Words.............

SPEED KILLS!

:geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bowl games always involve long layoffs and players can get complacent, it's true. But champions don't let that happen.

It's the coach's job to get his team ready to play on game day. They were sure as hell ready last year.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

It's the coach's job to get his team ready to play on game day. They were sure as hell ready last year.

That's what I keep going back to. It's only one year, but it's the only example we have. I say innocent until proven guilty. So far, CLM's innocent of allowing a letdown to occur after a layoff. :lsup: :helmet: LSU!

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yes, those 4 carries per game Vincent has gotten have really hurt LSU's offense this season.:dis:

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

The Domers have lost 8 straight bowl games... and not little bowls, as 6 of them were played in January. Seven teams (they played Oregon State twice in that stretch) have risen up for the occasion to average 34 points in those wins. The Domers have averaged 18.

The Moral of this story? There are few things in life more motivating to a team than beating the holy crap out of Notre Dame on a national stage. LSU will be plenty ready.:wink:

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

You can also make the observation that having lost 8 straight bowl games, the odds may have shifted in the favor of the Irish. It depends if you see your glass as half full or half empty. Notre Dame's bowl game record is one of those stats that doesn't mean very much. What they did in their last bowl game - or in their last eight - has no bearing on what they will do in the Sugar Bowl.

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

cajdav, as long as you've been here, did you really expect max to bring logic into his post?!?