I think we see more Perrilloux and Scott/Williams this week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by True Grit, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Why do you think that all of a sudden? If it didn't happen in the last 6 games, it won't happen now.

2. TigerSac

TigerSac Founding Member

C. Scott, Keiland 2nd half????

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but I thought one of the main reasons we lost the game is because we did not run our "horses" in the second half. On the drive that Flynn the the interception in the 2nd half, we should have been running it down their throats kinda like the last drive in the Florida game. C. Scott was running hard in the first half, why not keep giving it to him??? His stats was something like 7 carries for around 100 yards. I do not want to hear that UK was stacking the line and forcing us to throw the ball. We are more physical than UK. We should have had a 2 tight end set and RUN THE FREAKING BALL with a 13 point lead. Pitiful play calling!!

3. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

Ditto

4. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Hey, Crystal, in his press conference, Coach Miles gave the impression that we would be seeing more RP this week. Might be just misdirection, but I don't think so. :eek:ldskule:

5. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

I sure as hell hope so!! I have never been a "Flynn" fan....in fact that is my new curse word lol....FLYNN AUBURN!!! :D

1 person likes this.
  6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

If CLM believes, as I do not, that the 93rd ranked QB in the country was the one and only QB capable Saturday of playing the entire second half versus a Kentucky team that ranks 99th in the country in rushing defense, what does the simple fact that LSU lost change this? Obviously, CLM did not believe during the game that there was another QB on the roster capable of doing better than the QB who started the game, so it's not clear to me why he should come to this conclusion now that the game is finished.

We as fans only see #11's high school press clippings, outstanding scrambling ability, and 80% completion rate in his only start this season and ask, "Why not?"

CLM and staff, who are apparently comfortable with giving 70% or more of each game's snaps to a QB whose barely ranked ahead of Tx A&M's Stephen McGee look at the same and ask, "Why?"

One thing is certain: The WR drops, QB over/underthrows, and the penalties on both sides of the ball have made this team less effective than it was just one month ago. What this means for the rest of the season is unclear, but you can't like the trend we've seeing the past three weeks.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's a great post...assuming that you are in a better position to know who should play and when than the coaching staff. Please let us know what qualifies you to make such proclamations so we can anoint you as "The Great One.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

it's really easy to sit back AFTER the fact and say what doesn't work. our coaches and team have a pretty darned good track record and i am going to believe that they can still get it done. i still believe they want to win worse than any of us want them to.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Here's my thinking on Flynn & Perrilloux:

Flynn plays within the system. He makes his reads & checks.

Perrilloux has certain plays the coaching staff feels comfortable with him running. Other than these plays, they can't count on him to make the decisions that they want to see, but that doesn't mean he won't make good plays.

The coaching staff prefers the QB that they trust over the one with more big play potential.

However, Flynn is struggling because he plays so much inside the system that he's looking for receivers where they should be & not necessarily where they actually are. Perrilloux on the other hand, can make plays because he isn't playing in the system.

In the short run it might be better to have RP out there. In the long run, our receivers will develop a lot more & Ryan will become a much better quarterback if both learn to play from our playbook rather than living off their athletic ability.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

How much we see of Perrilloux will depend a lot on how well Flynn bounces back from last week.