I was wrong, thanks for the negative rep!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mccoy1000, May 26, 2005.

1. mccoy1000

mccoy1000 Founding Member

Thanks for all the negative rep points about 6 weeks ago when I said we should be watching what tulane does becuase it would impact our postseason hosting chances.....I got slaughtered in rep points.

Just wanted to apologize. Tulane is in so much of a higher class of baseball than us that their performance will in no way affect our postseason. They will undoubtedly be the #1 national seed and will be the clear favorite if they make it to omaha.

We stand a very good chance of playing a regional in texas at this point, and for all of you people (including hawthorn) who still think we are a "lock" for a home regional, you need to wake up. (they did not have regular season best conference record and they did not get a win in conference tourney...they "won their division of conf" by tiebreaker....) get real people....we are going to texas.

Bring on the negative rep points, we are going deep star 6 on this one.
    :angryfire

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Well that settles it.

Everyone else head home!

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

where exactly in Texas do you think we are going? the only school in Texas that will even host a regional is Baylor, and the NCAA will not allow for Baylor and LSU to be in the same regional..............that will be saved for the super regional matchup.

there is a tomorrow my friend. my friend martin has spoken to the wizards and the sky is not falling any time soon.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Tulane is gonna choke.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

If you think for a second that the NCAA is going to turn its back on the guaranteed sellout the Box will have you are a fool. If LSU is a top 64 team we will host at least a regional. We may still end up with a Super.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

'

thanks for the reminder.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

My two cents, whether people agree or disagree....

I think LSU will host a Regional, but I think we are out of it for a Super Regional. LSU looked to be the 8 seed overall before the SEC Tourney. I can't begin to guess who all the top 8 seeds will be though, because I haven't been keeping up with all the conference tournaments except for a few.

I do think Tulane and Cal State Fullerton will be the #1 and #2 seeds. Oregon State looks to be a #3 lock.

The games I have caught the score - or outcome - of today are that Oklahoma State lost (or at least was behind 8-2 going into the 9th so I am assuming lost) to Baylor this evening, although they beat Texas yesterday. Baylor is 2-0 in the Big 12 Tourney. OU lost today so they were 2 and Q. Centenary is playing Oral "God will call me home if you don't give me money" Roberts Univ tonight, but I haven't heard a score yet. Although that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Tulane is 2-0 in their conference tournament. CSF and Oregon State don't have conference tournaments, so there isn't really anything to report on them.

Who knows. I may be wrong about everything. We will see how it all shakes out on Monday when Regional sites are announced.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

of course LSU is out of a super and of course we will host a regional.

tulane
    csf
    ga tech
    beaver cleaver
    pronghorns
    gaytors
    cornholes
    ole myth after they win the trny

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

beaver cleaver? :rofl:

10. mccoy1000

mccoy1000 Founding Member

Well, theres going to be at least 20 teams with 40+ wins. I dont understand why you are so certain that LSU will host over one of those teams. (really, i dont, what have we done this year that deserves hosting over these teams....we also Tied for 8th in our conference tourney (or tied for 7th, however you look at it, lol).

open your eyes. LSU is not hosting.