Idea for gold out game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by texascajun, Jul 10, 2003.

1. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

We should design a shirt, tell the Baton Rouge papers that all profits go to TAF. Bam. Instant gold out and we show Saban that the fans love him and what he has done for us(restoring pride in tiger football) showing initiative to keep him here. Kill two birds with one stone.

2. Marsheezi

Marsheezi Founding Member

im glad to see more and more people are supporting the gold out

as good as that sounds the whole tshirt scheme has 1 major downfall. The cost of getting shirts made is very expensive esp. with the amt of shirts we'd be talking about making, so for somebody to just hand all the profits over the TAF would take either some mighty deep pockets, or some major balls.

But on a brighter note i will be designing a gold shirt for the LSU vs florida game if anybodys interested in that.

3. texascajun

Check out cafe express.com. You can design your own t-shirt and sell it on your own website all inclusive for 5.00 dollars a month! No out of pocket money needed! The website charges a standard per shirt and you set the price. If they charge 7.00 dollars a shirt and you charge 10.00 per shirt you net 3.00pershirt with out paying anything for printing costs. You don't pay a thing because the person ordering the shirt covers the printing costs. You scan your artwork or phrase such as "gold out game" or "tiger pride" and attach to an e-mail send it to them and they make a website with you shirt and people can order by credit card on-line. Viola(Wa-lah!) Easy and affordable.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I can't find cafe express, am I not looking in the right spot?

5. texascajun

I'm sorry, try and enter CafePress.com into your browser.

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

A "gold out" sounds good to me, but if we are going to do it needs to be the Auburn game. First of all, thats the biggest game on the schedule as of now, second, we know its going to be at night (in order for a gold out to be really cool it has to be a night game), and third, it gives us like 5 home games to spread the word.

And in my opinion, the "gold out" should be done for one game and one game only.......and that one game has to be AUBURN!!

7. texascajun

Your not going to get an argument from me on that one scott. I think with all the hype surrounding Auburn this year it would be the best suited probably. We have several great homegames this year.

8. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I think cafe press only has white and gray shirts.

9. texascajun

Damn! I think your right Brett. Marsheezi I'm sure everyone would be interested in seeing your design for the florida game t-shirt. I know it will be a while before the game, but post your design whenever you do it. Geaux tigers!

10. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

WOW!!! I saw the design for the florida game

ALL I CAN SAY is BEAUTIFUL!!!

We will post soon...