Idle speculation - would Jefferson be better today if LSU played one or two early "gimme" games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Sep 29, 2010.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Right, gray matter deficient.

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

His stats would be better if we had played absolute nobodys for OOC games up to this point instead of who we played, sure. However, once we got into the tougher part of the schedule, I think it would be more of the same.

If he maximizes his potential, I think he will be a decent QB at best, never hurting but never making enough big plays and fully utilizing our receivers (should they start catching everything that hits their hands) to help out if the run games gets stale

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If Miles makes some changes based on the poor showings in the first four games, then no, I would say LSU would not be better off having had a couple of "gimmes". Its really a questions of which strategy to use... tough games to expose weaknesses or easy games to provide a "warm-up". I think the former is a better call when you have a team with major question marks. You need to know if they are going to step up. If you have a team that you know is solid and it just needs some tweeking, then you want the cupcakes.

However, this is all just academic if the coach does not make a change (in personnel or in game strategy) to adapt to what he has seen on the field. Some may say that he has. He is just going to put more on the running game. If that is the case, then God help them.

4. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

I've been saying since last year that it doesn't matter who LSU's quarterback is, as long as Crowton is the OC, whoever the quarterback is will stink, and I have been proven right again this year.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I dub thee . . . SIU Echo.