If Miles is in over his head then

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjuice, Nov 23, 2009.

1. tigerjuice

tigerjuice Founding Member

he should man up and admit it. We as fans deserve to know. We've been watching this train wreck since 2005, we deserve answers

1 person likes this.
  2. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

What a 5 year train wreck... :dis: 50 wins, 4 bowl blow out wins, 2 division titles, 1 SEC championship and 1 national championship.

While I don't like the way the offense has played this year and the defense last year, I think you should take a look at those stats (the ones that really matter). My question is if I had told you that you could have those gauranteed over the next 5 years back in 90 or 95 would you have taken them. Some of you people are getting spoiled and forget the dark ages of the 90's. I'm not making excuses for the man but he is the 3rd winningest coach in LSU history and I think the man deserves another year to right the ship (now on offense), but the last 5 seasons certainly haven't been a train wreck.

3. tigerjuice

tigerjuice Founding Member

I guarentee you if Miles comes back for next year, we will experience the same problems we are experiencing this year except it will be in another area of the team. Last year it was the defense, this year it was the offense, next year it will be something else.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

If you don't like the 50-14 record this trainwreck of a program has produced for your veiwing pleasure over the last 5 years... i'm sure Vandy or Moo U could use a few more fans... hurry up now, wouldn't want you late for joining their bandwagoners.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

And that may very well be what happens, but Miles short of committing a felony or straight up bad mouthing the Univ. ain't going anywhere for atleast 2 more seasons, so get used to him.
    Besides, in all honesty I think the ship would've been righted this season had it not been for a certain punk gangsta QB we had... he kinda set the tone for our offense to struggle pretty big... the other shortcomings are the faults and limitations of GC.

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Yes - our head coach should call a press conference and say, "You know what? I'm in way over my head." This would really be a step in the right direction. You should be his agent.

7. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

No, not that wreck. The 7-8 record in the SEC the last two years wreck.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That statement about Miles getting fired for committing a felony reminds me of the time Edwin Edwards said that the only way he'd lose an election was if he was caught in bed with a dead woman or a live boy.:lol:.

I know it's off topic but that does remind me of Edwards' comment.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

In business, and in life, football is somewhere between, if you are "slow to fire" you are courting disaster. Waiting and hoping things will get better is a feckless strategy. Don't forget, this guy is getting paid huge $$'s.

hwr

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

And he's lost 14 games in his 5yr. career at LSU... sounds to me like no one is good enough to be the coach here... you can not fire a 5 year coach for losing 14 games, otherwise you set every coach and the kids to fail... besides who'd accept the job under those circumstances?
    I will say that once gc is gone, and things stay the same... then I agree, but until we see what a better oc can do, it's too premature to be calling for Miles head.