If MSU upsets USC....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StarsofOrion, Sep 25, 2007.

1. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

Does a 4-1 State deserve to be in the AP Top 25?

I posted that here because No. 1 LSU has played and beaten both teams.

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Do you really think you are better than some of the teams on the fringe of the top 25? I would think MSU would lose to Michigan by 50.

No offense but MSU is not a top 50 team.

4. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Founding Member

Yes, about 24 or 25 and with a few down teams maybe 20.

5. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I was impressed with the MSU defense. If you guys create a few turnovers, you cound win. Spurrier has announced that Smelly will be the starter. It will be two young QBs going at it. Yes you would deserve to be in the top 25.
    [​IMG]

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Based on what I saw, its pretty long odds of MSU upsetting USC. USC looked very solid on both sides of the ball.

Now, MSU may have gotten it together by now. I was not impressed with your starting QB in the LSU game, the 4 interceptions were not great play by our secondary, they were particularly poor throws by your QB, IMO. Have they made a permanent switch at QB?, that could change my opinion.

I haven't watched MSU since we played them. If they had a particularly bad night, and LSU did have a good solid game that night, and MSU pulled the upset, they might be worth a #25.

Based on what I saw, I'd say USC was a much better ball club.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Says it all right there.

:hihi:

1 person likes this.
  8. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Spurrier says a 3-1 State deserves to be in the Top 25. The guy is a jerk, but I get a kick out of him some days.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Try 6 int's. Steltz had 3 all by himself. You're right though...they were poor throws from a scared QB who let his mouth write a check his you know what couldn't cash.:hihi:

Anyway, I don't know if ya'll should be in the top 25 if you beat SC with a new QB...and their best defensive player out for the year. Also, I assure other players for them are hobbled after Saturday's game.

However, I too was impressed with ya'lls defense...and it looks like the running game has begun to come around. I think ya''ll will hang with them...and I wouldn't be surprised to see MSU defeat SC.

And whoever said Michigan would beat ya'll by 50...we didn't...and I doubt Michigan would beat them at all.

10. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

I think they should be. It will be pretty close game, I think that Miss. State is better than people give them credit for. Coach Sly is making a slow, but sure turn-around (no small feat considering the circumstances). If they can pound the rock like they did against Auburn, USC better watch out. They are fairly suspect against the run as we saw last weekend.

I remember going to games as a kid and LOSING to Miss State, and being fired up when we DID beat them. It's ashame they've become the doormat of the SEC. I guess we all have to go through that at some point.