If we go 12-1 or 11-2, do you think Miles still cans Crowton?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Jester

Jester Founding Member

I would say no, but just like the Malveto situation, he's got to see that we're winning in spite of, not because of Crowton.

Its only making his job harder, and we should have EASILY been in the National Title hunt this year and with a great O-Coordinator, should be for next few years with the way our recruiting has been going and with how our young guys are looking.

What say you?

Any ideas on a replacement? ( someone logical and likely, not some impossible fantasy )

2. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

I would hope after last night, that it is still painfully obvious that he HAS to go.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Crowton still needs to go.

Not really sure who would be a good replacement, though.

:geauxtige

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I say you are trying to find a scapegoat. We should not have "easily" been in the NC game because we don't have the offense to do that. If we did, we would "easily" get to the NC game. But we don't. It's not necessarily because of Crowton. It's because our offense is not as good as the rest of the team. Chicken and egg? I don't know. I only know what is, not what could, or should, be.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i think fans that think this way are only setting themselves up for disappointment and they're usually the most vocal negative fans.

we didn't even win our division.

any other O coord would still have jefferson and lee to overcome at the QB position.

now i want crowton gone, don't get me wrong and i think the question you bring up is a valid one, but to think LSU should be champions every single year is unrealistic.

6. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

I think crowton will be gone after the season expires ..

7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

While I agree the offense has been upsetting, it is as much the Offensive Lines, Wide receivers and QBs fault as it is GC. I am leaving the RBs out of this, although they carry some of the blame as well, because I think they have all performed well. Its our passing O that has been horrid.

And don't we have a special Passing Coordinator this year? So which one is to blame?

Did they give up the zone blocking thing they tried last year? Or is that still a work in progress?

I am willing to bet, if they finish 12-1 or 11-2, then everyone might be staying around. And that might not be a bad thing.

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

There is probably too much information that we do not have to make that call, I trust Miles will make the correct call as he did with the D.

9. I Like Mike

I Like Mike Geaux Tigers!

I think the Crowton situation will be handled much the same way as the Mallaveto situation was. GC will accept a job at another school. That has always been Mile's M.O., that no one gets thrown under the bus.

I wonder if Gonzalez has already been promised the job.

:confused:

:geaux:

10. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo