If we had Broussard and Bama had Prothro

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by terry cox, Oct 30, 2005.

1. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

I would like our chances of beating Alabama even better. That said, we have had the whole season to reshape our offense without a premier player; Alabama is still figuring out how to score without Prothro. Beating an undefeated Alabama team on the road will be a major accomplishment. Nobody will want to play us in the postseason.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

If we had Alley, we'd be a good choice for the Rose bowl this year. I really think he is a Hiesman candidate next year if he comes back full strength. just me though..

3. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

Lawdy Lawdy, I think you might be on to something,

especially since he is a north-south runner, and no a cutbacker...

By next season, his Nickname shall be "Steamroller" or "The Punisher" or "Beast"...

LSU fans have so much to look foward to.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Bama has had ONE impressive win. We would have beaten Florida just as badly without 5 turnovers. Even if they still had Prothro, I think we'd have a good chance of beating them this season. Losing a player like Broussard is never a good thing, but Addai has really stepped up & what he's shown me so far this season gives me no reason not to believe in our running game for this game, or any other game this season as long as Addai is healthy.

5. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

If Alabama is installed as a 7 point favorite, I think it will be only because the game is on the road and the home team is ranked higher. I think that a position-by-position analysis would be at least even, if not in our favor. Likewise, if the amount of adversity each team has had to overcome is compared, LSU wins in a landslide.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

We lose some big time players from our OLine. We're currently building depth there, but a running back can only be as good as his line allows him to be. Broussard's stock will depend on Miles & Co's ability to develop the younger guys for starting action next year. If we have a solid Oline, Broussard will hopefully be full strength & have a phenomenal year.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

We beat Bama by 14. :usaflagwa :laflagwav :geauxtige Screw Bama

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

My guess is Prothro is a bigger loss to Bama than AB to LSU.
    1) Broussard's loss was so early the offense could adjust as if he had never played.
    2) LSU had a "stable" of backs to begin with...
    3) Prothro was Bama's deep, 3rd down and return weapon... the offense had been partially designed around his talents.
    4) Bama was over-rated with him and they'll be more over-rated in his absence.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

This Hawker45 is a smart guy..

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

not so much. they said that about Gary Coleman too. :hihi: :wink: