If you are looking for meaningful LSU/Ark discussion...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PlaneauxTiger, Nov 26, 2002.

1. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

I suggest you do not go to the Ark board linked above (woopig.net) if you are looking for any type of meaningful discussion of this weekend's game. That board is just awful. They'll insult and curse you, your coaches, your team, your state and your mama. Well, actually I haven't seen anyone's mama insulted but I'm sure it will happen soon enough.

Honestly, this is the first SEC board I've seen where you cannot engage in a little "friendly" game talk. I'll summarize it for you. We were gifted our last 2 wins, we suck because Auburn and Bama beat us, our offense sucks, our defense cannot stop their run, our coach's name is Nick Satan, some guy wants to beat Nick with a bat, and they would never cheer for LSU even if we get to the SEC championship game.

It gets nasty very quick. That's too bad because the Hogs are my second-favorite SEC West team.

2. hogintexas

hogintexas Freshman

I apologize for the comments of the poster's on woopig.net. As you can clearly see, I've visited your board with nothing but compliments for your coach and his striking epidermis. However, the few comments I get are insulting. I think you need to take a look at yourselves before you start insulting people over there.

3. I noticed that earlier. I won't be back there, not that they will loose sleep over that or anything. It is just a game though. I live eat and breath LSU football but insulting other fans for the support of their team just baffles me.

LSU 21
    AR 17

4. hawgwilde

hawgwilde Founding Member

Sorry you feel that way, but I've gotten the same stuff here as well. It's all a rivalry and a HUGE game. I take it and dish it for what it's all worth - smack!

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, I checked it out for a few minutes but didn't gain much insight. It may have to do with how a post starts. If you bash their program to start a thread in a harsh tone, they may retaliate in a similar way (which I understand). Instead of saying something very harshly about their numerous convicts and Nutt's apparent tolerance of his players' behavior, maybe ask in a more polite manner. I'd actually like to hear a genuine reply to the perception. Does Nutt want to win so badly that he will play these troubled kids no matter what they do? Is this only two or three isolated incidents that have been blown out of proportion? Is there a concern that more cases like this will happen under Nutt's leadership?

I know the media exaggerates things at times but I'm hoping a fellow SEC member wouldn't stand for a coach that sells his soul to win games. Saban will probably stay at LSU as long as the W's keep coming but it's also important that he does things the right way while he's here. When you recruit a kid, you don't know exactly what kind of character he is. When he makes a mistake a couple of years later in your program, you should have a pretty good idea and know how to handle the situation.

6. hawgwilde

The incidents

have actually been isolated this year. He says that the guys who really screwed up have paid the price in the public arena (public service, fines, jail time, etc.) and in private. I am trusting him that he is keeping things under control and disciplining them sufficiently. If he's not, then he will come down harder than his players did. People bashed Nutt for his decision to keep these guys on the team and let them play. Did anyone bash Tom Osborne when he didn't discipline Phillips for beating his girlfriend and dragging her down the stairs? No, because he was a high powered coach.

When Jermain Brooks ROYALLY screwed up, Nutt didn't leave anything open for discussion - he was GONE! Yes, the drunk driving offenses were serious, but not as serious when compared to the drugs, guns and cash.

They way I look at it, I think any coach who can keep tabs on 105-123 players, is doing a fine job. I don't get paid to do that, the coach does and either he is successful, or he loses his big money.

Back to Friday, I look for it to be a great game. I hope we win and yes, I do believe we have a chance just as you do. But, after Friday, let's bring the SEC Title back to the West where it belongs. UGA isn't that great either!

GEAUX HOGS!

7. TigerSnipen

TigerSnipen Freshman

Back to the west?

Back to the west? Its already here.. we are still the current SEC champions for about 2 more weeks. Hope it stays here in BR but I would rather it be in the west if we lose. It needs to stay in the west so we can get that EAST powerhouse status away and shifted to the west

8. hawgwilde

My bad!

I meant to say to keep it in the west. The East has hidden behind Florida long enough!

9. ElvisHog

ElvisHog Freshman

Wah

Good Lord...take it all pretty seriously do you guys?

See...it's entertainment. We like to have a good time.

[​IMG]

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Just win, baby!

"Does Nutt want to win so badly that he will play these troubled kids no matter what they do?"

The answer to that is an unqualified "Yes." Graduation rates and criminal records are not important. Winning is important.