If you had to pick one SEC player to add to LSU...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Apr 17, 2004.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Would disagree. Those two players are the reason why Richt is 32-8 in his first 3 years at UGA with an SEC and Sugar Bowl title. :)

With another solid year Greene will break quite a lot of SEC records...including possibly the all-time passing yards record.

2. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Of course you would disagree, your a Georgia fan. They are definitely overrated when they play LSU.

3. SouthLink02

I think there play last year reflected how unbelievable LSU's defense was....not how over-rated they were.

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I agree he is an accurate passer, but I also know that if you bring the pain to him early & often, he is completely rattled for the rest of the game. Same for Pollack he becomes mediocre vs. a quality OL :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

5. SouthLink02

Well, Greene did gain some weight last year which made him less mobile then ever before but in his freshman/sophmore years...he actually did a really good job throwing on the run...people forget that. That senior OL that he had in 2002 was quite over-rated, IMO yet he still was able to throw well even when he was pressured. Good thing is...he lost nearly 20 pounds this year and looks quite thinner so I hope that equals more mobility which he will need with an OL that is injury prone and not that experiened.

And you would be surprised how well Pollack does against good OL's. He got shut down both games verses LSU but he was a huge factor (though not stat wise) against USC, Clemson, UT, GT, and even UF...though we didn't win.

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Agree. Pollack never quits and has a huge heart but talent wise and game control he is over rated. David Greene regardless of what stats he has is average to a 7 at best. Cannot take the game over and not a person I worried about last year. They were a great story for the lady viewers last year that CBS would run over and over about these 2 who were close and could have been brothers. YADAYADA YADA.

Would aslo say that with the guys we have and the way this team is retooling I'll take the team as is. A head hunter in the middle would be fun to watch and terror for the other team. :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs:

7. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

If I see one more unreasonable rumor I going to start banning people. I've had it.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Brett, I was just stating something I read and Southlink clarified it for me. By no means was I starting or contributing to a rumor :) :) :) :) :)

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

When you repeat a rumor you are contributing to a rumor. We don't like it when we read rumors and garbage that isn't true about LSU players and coaches on other baords and forums and I'm not going to allow it here.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Back to the original question, I take Chris Leak for immediate contribution in 2004 (send him back to Florida after that) - I also wouldn't mind having OT Shawn Andrews from Arkansas (did he declare for the NFL Draft?)