If you had to pick one SEC player to add to LSU...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Apr 17, 2004.

1. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

yessir he did. all 600 pounds of him. i would take that younger clausen brother poised to replace his brother and star at tennessee. if only we could bring in consistent QB talent!

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Crowder from what I saw of him last year, he may just be the most dominant player in America if he keeps improving.

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I would also pick Crowder, he is going to be awesome!!! If I had to pick a QB (although I am happy with what we have) I would pick Chris Leak. Greene has never really impressed me when I have seen him. Not taking anything away from Greene, I just havn't seen it!!

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i was

I was the biggest greene supporter 2 yrs ago when the guy was incredible. I also ate crow last year and admitted that most of his problems were not his injured offensive line...it was his lack of mobility and holding the ball far too long leading to his sacks and indecision.

However, one does not get a Sr All-Sec caliber QB very often with his ability. I said he was way overhyped last year but you win SEC championships with experience at the QB position. Look around the SEC...LSU will be just fine on defense...to want Crowder is nice but not a necessity. We all know LSU's year depends on the decision making of their inexeperience at that position and theres no one in the SEC I would like back there above David Greene to win this year. There is no one more proven in the SEC to do so. Given the fact he has gotten his slow butt in shape you can expect similarities of the David Greene from 2002. I shudder to hear the announcers up his butt the entire season as they did last year as well as Pollack's. I just hope its deserved this time and not preseason hype as before since they cant see the field past their media guides.

6. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I would also take Crowder

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

so you guys are saying LSU's success hinges mainly on replacing a defensive player as opposed to our QB? If so, I don't understand the reasoning. If you are saying you think we are fine at QB and experience then I can buy that but I don't agree.

8. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I do think we will turn out to be fine at QB. I think Crowder would really get a chance to shine under our defensive scheme. I think he also has a lot of upside. I think Russell will turn out to be better than Leak.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

How can David Pollack be made to look over rated by a unit that's not on the field at the same time he is? Our defense had nothing to do with his play.

David Pollack should have left after his sophomore year and road Jonathan Sullivan's coattails...Why is it your safeties never missed a beat and even improved from one year to the next, but Pollack didn't improve? Hell, he REGRESSED!

He's an over-rated little playboy who skips onto and off the field when times were good and he was a 13-1 SEC Champion. Come time to battle a team that was worthy, he limped off the field like the gimp he is...

I respect him, but he's not the player that you guys think 2002 made him...He's the next Alex Brown...

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

David Greene won an SEC title splitting time with DJ Shockley and was a sophomore, right? Lots of experience there...You're right...

Matt Mauck wins an SEC title in his first year as a fulltime starter, with less than two years as a starter under his belt...

Matt Mauck wins an SEC title as a redshirt freshman after his starter goes down with injury against the #2 team in the nation...

Rohan Davey piloted that team to the SEC Championship having started what...two games in his CAREER before that season?

I agree with what Bob Stoops said at the beginning of this year on a primetime college football special on ESPN in a live interview.

"I think having good quarterback play to win a national championship is over rated."