If YOU were the Woodman ....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Die American round eye?

mctiger likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Only Kiki :cool:

kluke likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The saying about Cajuns is they are your best friends or wosre enemy. Cajuns also sometimes hold on to grudges too long. I could possible see Ed getting pissed cause after 2019 the talk of firing him built up a fuck you LSU attitude which if so would be childish. I tend to believe he in a mid life crisis has sone money chasing young poontang and could give one shit about his team, his assistants, his school, his fans and sadly his kids. Selfishness at a galactic level. Can't believe I am saying this but this is the only thing that makes sense for what I saw last night.

Don Castavez and tigerpub like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If I were Scott I would have a bunch of U Haul boxes sitting in front of Ed's office for when he comes in on Monday

Winston1 likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Add an offer of free gumbo for life and a free duck lease to leave now

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I keep hearing Riley's name, but why do we think he wants to leave OK. That's a pretty good gig and he's obtained a level of success and seems to be building for more.

If I were Woodward - I would feel out Riley for interest but if he's not interested I'd look at Fickel, Cambell, and Napier. Kiffen is a gamble with a high risk/reward ratio. He is quirky enough to fit and do well at LSU; and he's quirky enough to explode. It would never be boring.

I really don't want Urban. I'm feeling like he is past his prime

rockwallfan, LSU_4_LIFE and TBTrumpet like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

If you’re Woodward you have to make Riley tell you no. Honestly as ridiculous as it sounds, you have to make Saban tell you no as well. Riley coming here is not as unreasonable as most would think, especially with another bad loss ruining a championship run again this year at OU.

OU is coming to the SEC in a few years, he will be coaching here regardless. With that said, here are a few reasons he would leave OU for LSU.

LSU pays more (at least currently) Ed’s making 9 million while Riley is making 6 and some change

Louisiana is a breeding ground for NFL talent and LSU has the state damn near on lockdown (no other major programs in this state) and LSU is constantly reaching into states from Florida to Texas to poach as well.

At some point, Riley has reached his ceiling at OU and will realize (if he hasn’t already) that in order to get over the hump and win a championship, he needs more NFL talent on his roster. Especially on defense. He can have that here.

It’s been proven that coaches whom are held in very low regard, can win championships here. Not one, but two! One of which was a damn dream season.

As mentioned above, OU is coming to the SEC regardless, he will be coaching in the SEC regardless. The path to the playoffs via running through the big 12 days are nearing an end. He can make the jump now, make more money and have a better shot at a natty due to having more talent to work with.

To be honest, I can’t see why he wouldn’t come here. Of course I’m extremely biased.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Winston1 and TBTrumpet like this.
  8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was upset that Bama lost. Fuck the Aggies.

Brian, CaryLab and Winston1 like this.
  9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

You are not alone with that feeling!

10. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I remember their qb wr combo
    Hey Yu and Who Me