Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

If you're gonna run drugs, you probably should have a license plate

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by HalloweenRun, Jul 5, 2014.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun I'll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter!

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That reminds me of the guy in Baton Rouge a few years ago who robbed a McDonald's at the drive-thru window. When he drove off employees noticed the For Sale sign in the back window of his car. The sign had his phone number on it
  3. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

Two rules for smuggling drugs on the Gulf Coast.
    1. Make sure your car is legal.
    2. If you are darker than Bunny Bread, don't speed, use a cell phone, or change lanes without signally anywhere on I-10 between Houston and Jacksonville, FL.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon

They use "following too close" a lot, too.

The main thing that cops can use to shift a traffic stop into a drug fishing expedition is "nervousness" on the part of the driver. Nervous types should not be in the black market. The best smugglers not only fit no obvious profiles, but they are some cool-headed, smooth talking' son of a bitches that don't behave uneasily around cops.
  5. HalloweenRun

When I lived down below Wilmington, NC, on the coast, we used US 17 "The Coastal Highway" a lot to get to the big city from the island. Many people used this as an alternative north south route, to I-95. Several times, I saw these huge signs, "CAUTION, PREPARE TO STOP, DRUG DOG SEARCH AHEAD".

Then they would put every cop car in the county at the next exit, and pick the idiots off like fools. The exit was built up, so you could not see what was going on until you had committed, then it was too late. At some point we stopped seeing the signs, I guess there was a legal reason, but they sure seemed effective, based on the "parking lot" of cars at the bottom of the exit every single time!
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon

Smart smugglers travel in teams. The lead car is a flashy one with full-profile black-Hispanic occupants with an attitude. They will definitely get pulled over for a thorough inspection and search by the drug dogs. Meanwhile the ordinary-looking white middle-aged citizen smuggler gets waved through to avoid holding up traffic. If that doesn't work, then the trailing vehicle which is a fast pickup driven by a guy who looks like Larry the Cable guy does a loud U-turn and hauls ass in the opposite direction which draws the attention of the remaining cops who wave through the citizen smuggler in order to chase Larry.
  7. HalloweenRun

This was some time ago, I guess they have learned from experience!
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon

Most of the people that took that exit were not dope smugglers, they were ordinary LaSalles with some weed in the car.
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast

You seem to know a lot about smuggling.....things that make you go "Hmmmmm."
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Surely you don't believe that somebody who has the time to write multiple thousand word posts every day has a day job