If.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 6, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ok, so I think the popular story is that Joe Alleva stepped in and refused to let Gary Crowton go after last season.

If this is true, why doesn't our fearless A.D. deserve any of the blame? Why isn't anyone out there calling for his head?

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

People have been calling for his head since the brain trust in the Board of Supervisors hired him in the first place with his Duke lacrosse baggage.

And remember, Les is the one who gave Crowton a raise after '08 and supposedly lobbied Alleva for ANOTHER one after '09 (I've seen some posters say this, not sure if it's true). The '08 raise at least contributed substantially to Crowton's buyout.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's a popular rumor that no one has gone on the record with. And it doesn't make a lot of sense. Head coaches can generally fire whoever they want to. And Crowton's buyout ain't that huge compared to a head coach.

The internet is full of bullchit stories.

4. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

Can anyone confirm that and why did Miles lobby to get Crowton a raise when he should have recognized that Crowton is completely incompetent? I mean just look at the number of plays LSU runs compared to good offensive teams, and the problem is just glaring out at you. It's because Miles is obviously incompetent too. Indeed, it looks to me like we have the blind leading the blind. It's a damn good thing that Miles got rid of Malveto et al and got Chavis, because he would have been up **** creek last year and this year. :cool:

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

he does.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The raise was a contractual obligation.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the blame goes with the head coach. solely. hes in charge and making the 4 mill per.

lets stop creating escape goats to make us feel better about our dumb spouse.

we are locked in this bad marriage for a long time. lets just sleep in separate beds until the lawyers figure it all out.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

Which one...the one in 2008 or the one in 2009?