Ignorant Article in Times of Acadiana

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex_B, Jan 14, 2004.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I grew up in Lafayette and tried to support USL but felt like I wasn't allowed to by die-hard Cajun fans. I bleed P&G but wanted the Cajuns to do well also. There's just a lot of bitterness that has snowballed over the years from their side. They think the entire state is trying to keep them down because of funding, the name change, etc.

LSU traditions are passed down from generation to generation. I almost went to USL instead of LSU but I would've still bled P&G. It's not something you can "decide" to do. It's either in you or it isn't. Lafayette is a big LSU town and I can understand why that frustrates Cajun fans. Maybe if they didn't focus on us so much (like T.A&M does with Texas) they could move forward a little better.

While "unruly" bandwagon fans are bad for LSU, I like how the entire state embraced us. You don't have to attend LSU to be proud of the accomplishments. Saban and his staff have earned the right to be appreciated. It has given us state pride.

My parent's good friends used to own the Times but they sold it a few years back. I thought The Advertiser bought it. Does anyone know?

2. bzss7x

bzss7x Freshman

Didn't the new gov (from Lafayette) wear purple and gold to the game??

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I want to know which bar he's referring to!

"to borrow a line from the Cajun Bar, if you can't support the Cajuns, move to Baton Rouge."

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

its called the Cajun Bar on the Strip (McKinley Street)

5. Richdog

who owns it? that idiot shannon?

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I do believe the Times is owned by the "AdverTiger".

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

by the Ganette.

8. Richdog

I have a story for pittman.
    I saw a full scholarship football player, a wide receiver...i forgot his name, but it was in the early 90's. He was at Pete's on the strip (i think it's the keg now), anyway, it was saturday night and he was wearing a Temple sweatshirt. This was just hours after he finished playing a game for the cajuns! I guess that's ok, as long as he doesn't pull for LSU.
    Also, a paid coach!!! Boulanger, the baseball coach, was recruiting a pitcher from Northside with a Texas Longhorns hat! I guess that's ok too, as long as he wasn't a Tiger fan.
    BTW, I witnessed both with my own eyes.

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

thank god not.

10. sstig

sstig Freshman

I sent him an email that said " We have the same problem in Houston. Can you belive it?...the sports writers do not know who their readers are. Walk towards the light...take the blinders off.
    This is a Louisiana proud moment."
    signed LSU 1976 ps: my wife USL 1976

He sent me back an email pointing out that he was a staff writer and not a sports writter and asked if I wanted my letter to him
    put in the paper as a "Letter to the Editor". I responded "Yes...
    If you dare"