I'm beginning to think I may have been wrong. (a Miles basher)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Jan 15, 2007.

1. max

max Founding Member

I think a college coach has to do two things. Coach and recruit. I didn't think the 2005 class counted because Saban was already recruiting alot of those guys. 2006 was very good. 2007 looks like it will rival any class Saban ever brought to LSU.

As far as coaching, I think Miles has hired excellent coordinators. Pellini and Fisher and now Crowton. I now have confidence that Miles will go out and hire the best available person when openings come up. I had worried that he'd do one of those loyalty promote the best guy from within or hire a Tepper. But, he has proven to be very good at hiring coordinators. 11 wins out of 13 or 14 games is very good, even when you have as much talent as any team in the country.

So anyway, most people bash and then shut up when they are proven wrong. I think we have to give him another five years before making any definitive judgement, but I am much more encouraged about the direction of the program than I was three months ago. And direction of the program is what a coach should be judged on. I think I was probably wrong about Miles.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

max,

Salute to you! Whether you are right now, or right before, your intentions in this post are BIG of you.

Some had an opinion of Les when he walked in the door. I did not. He looked good by building up Okie St, but that's not LSU. I just stayed open minded and originally I thought it would take 2 years to form an opinion. I was pleased with both seasons. Les is not a natural in front of a camera, but his unreheared HONESTY is starting to grow on people. His results are top flight, #5 and #3.

I agree with you totally, Les has hired some great coordinators and stayed away from the good old boy syndrome. Crowder could be better than Jimbo, and Jimbo was good enough to help us win a MNC.

The west has become more competitive, and it is important for all of us fans to support the Tigers!

:lsup: :geauxtige LSU!

3. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

Miles "grew" on people in this state all season, and now he deserves our full support. Not to mention that now that the bad mouthing has stopped it will help recruiting.

4. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I don't know what part of 11-2 and 11-2 gives anyone a basis to question Les Miles. I live in Shreveport and I've heard more unsubstantiated JUNK about Les Miles it's pitiful.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Nice to see people who are big enough to do what you did........I'm sure SabanFan would post a comment but he's probably fallen over in his recliner and trying to get up without spilling his drink! :hihi: :thumb:

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

:rofl:

I almost spit mine on the screen. :hihi:

7. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Here's my take on that.The guy is real.No rehearsed lines, no salesman BS, just genuine FB coach. He took a job where there were expectations to keep the level of excellence where it should be (read Pressure).He has done that and then some! Last year with Katrina and all the distractions associated with that, he led us to not one but two 11-2 seasons,2 bowl wins, has done a great job of keeping our talent and getting great out of state talent, hires pro style coordinators,and LOVES his job!!!..... What more could you ask for???:helmet::geauxtige

8. jrab

jrab Founding Member

I thought the hire was good 2 years ago, and every Saturday (in season) that passed I felt better and better about Coach Miles.

I think he has done a great job surrounding himself with quality people, and after having the guts to suspend a couple of players that contributed all season before the biggest game of the year, I am convinced the program will be on solid ground for many years to come, BUT...

the reason I am most at ease with Coach Miles is simply...when he opens his mouth I believe what he says, and if I believe him then certainly the kids playing for him believe him too.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

7 of those games are gimmes. should he really get much credit for the rent-a-wins, ole miss, msu, uk, and bama.

even hallman won 4-5 games a season.

just answering youre question. seemed obvious to me. i dont have a problem with clm

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

What got me moving was a couple of weeks ago when he more or less admitted that if we had won the Auburn game, we would have been playing for the MNC. That takes one heck of a guy to stand up and take responsibility for our lack of a game plan. I am starting to turn the corner. My jury is still in the conference room, and should be back in January 2008 with a final verdict.