I'm excited about JaMarcus Russell This Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by isawemwinsec, Aug 24, 2005.

1. isawemwinsec

isawemwinsec Founding Member

Look, I know that he didn't make the Freshman All-America Team last year but he has shown ability to play the game with confidence and made some great throws last year... With Jimbo as his mentor I'm excided :geauxtige because look at the quarterbacks that Jimbo has produced in years past. :geauxtige This guy has all the ability to make the throws but if he loses the starting job then I am all for Matt Flynn............ :helmet:

2. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I'm kinda nervous and excited at the same time. I just hope he is more consistent and makes smart decisions, like throw the ball away when he needs to and not lose yardage.

3. Tennessee Robb

Tennessee Robb Founding Member

I am keyed up because in my heart of hearts, I believe in JR. I think I have seen enough good things and steady progress in his leadership. Most of the analysis that I read, watch, and hear (up hear in the hills) conveys heavy doubt not of his physical ability; rather his ability to recognize keys, process strategies, and communicate commands quickly. I was pissed when I heard that because IMHO it was a thinly veiled label of Dumba$$. It’s so difficult for me every August to hear how UT should win every game on talent alone. I am eager to see how aggressive Coach Miles will be on offense. Does anyone remember Cincinnati under Coach Fisher? They were rolling up the points every week!

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Those are VERY common first year/freshmen mistakes. I expect JR will be MUCH improved in the mental aspect of the game.

5. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Well it seems to me J.Russell was or should not have been allowed a freshmen year to make freshmen mistakes. He should have been all SEC all
    American ect ect ect............. :dis: Thats what the experts think.
    I watched a special on Fox Sports last night and at the end they talked about the QB's at LSU, the "expert" said that Russell would start the season
    but would be replaced down the line do to his inconsistency.....I just find it
    funny that a freshmen QB at LSU won't grow any and get better with time.
    It always seems (to me) that LSU players and team are always talked about
    like this. For example when LSU wins a close game the only talk is how lucky
    LSU was for the other team to make mistakes or turned the ball over. Good examples of this would be the first Gerogia game in 03 and how their kicker missed some fieldgoals, but the ones LSU missed are not talked about.....we
    got lucky. Second would be while watching the replay of the Oregon St. game last night it was how lucky LSU got for the guy missing extra points and how we would have lost if he would have made just one......they sure didn't remark how LSU missed a field goal or had a TD called back ect......It's
    like LSU is only lucky and our young players will never get better.
    I guess in a couple of weeks we shall see if our QB got better, and if our team is still just lucky..... :yelwink2:

6. clair

clair Rockets

JaMarcus will be VERY good this year if he can stay confident...

I just hope that if he is the starter, the fans accept it and don't breathe down his neck and call for the next QB after each incompletion

7. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Confidence has never been JR's problem. Knowing the offense, not trying to do too do it all on his own and relaxing has been his problem. Hopefully a year of growing up mentally has helped him. He has all the physical talents it takes to be a great Division I QB.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I AM TOO!!!!! :hihi:

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

See signature. :thumb:

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member