I'm Tired of Hearing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsuj2006, Dec 1, 2005.

1. lsuj2006

lsuj2006 Founding Member

People bictch and moan about their injuries.

For example: Prothro. "Without Prothro, the game isn't even close." I've heard this one alot.

Ever heard of Alley Broussard? I would feel so much more confident with him healthy right now. Remember that Ole Piss linebacker that smashed JV? Just imagine what Alley would have done to him.

2. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

I hear this a lot on my ship from bama fans... and tell them... remember Alley Broussard?

its the "afterwards" symptom... after someone is gone, they are always better than what they were. Prothro only had 5 TD's at that point in the season... but my bama friend said he scored 4 in the Florida game... cleary has no idea of what he's talking about most of the time.

3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

But that quote is so true. You could use Alley Broussard as an argument, but we still had others on the offense that could contribute, whereas after Prothro went down, Alabama's offense went down even harder.

Also, and I really hate to say this, but who's to say we'd be any better off with Broussard? He didn't play a down this season and yet people say if we had him we'd be better. How do you know he wouldn't have trouble after a big year like JV did last year? There is no guarantee we would be any better. Prothro played nearly half the season and proved he was the reason for Bama's offensive success.

Just for the record, I'm not trying to knock AB because I love the guy, but I'm just trying to put things in perspective here.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Prothro? Would Brodie have been able to throw it to him while laying on his a**? Prothro doesn't play O-Line, that where they needed help. A receiver is useless to a QB ducking and diving to save his life.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Injuries are a very real part of football & definitely do play a roll in teams' success. Sometimes you're lucky & sometimes you aren't, but you can't count on that - that's why teams develop such depth at all the positions.

Broussard was going to be our pounder running back with Addai a nice change of pace. That would keep both of them warm, probably stop Addai from getting injured, and keep opposing defenses a little more off gaurd. Broussard would have changed the look of our offense, I have no doubt about it. He was generally accepted as LSU's biggest play maker last season & expected to be again this season.

Prothro had a great game against Florida, but was not near the WR that Bama fans have deluded themselves into thinking. His injury was far from the only reason behind their lack of an offense.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I hate people like that. Think they know EVERYTHING about a team and are that team's biggest fan, wear all the gear, but when it comes down to it, do they even watch the game? I know people like this. The first sign of a momentum change and the television is switched to a rerun of championship bowling from 12 years ago. It's the same people who constantly run their mouths about things like the coaching staff when we're 10-1 (I'm not bashing anyone on this forum, because I know the ones who bash actually follow this team and would stick up for them the moment someone tries to "bash" our team.) But rather I'm talkin about people with no idea, no clue. We saw A LOT of that with LSU winning the 2003 NCG. I've seen people who NEVER cared about LSU a day in their lives wearing NOTHING but LSU gear. Stickers and license plates all over their cars. It's okay though because I LOVE digging through their trash cans after an LSU loss... :rofl:

7. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

ok hear me out everyone:

I Do NOT Hate Coach Miles.

I think he is a good coach... LSU is 10-1, take from that what you will.

but there is room for improvement, and I think they will get there, hopefully sooner, than later.

That is all, thanks to you all for reading...

Happy SabanFan?

no, i did not join the darkside, but I do have my opinion, which we are ALL granted, right?

:geauxtige

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Prothro was never really a huge part of Bama's O. Like CParso said, the only reason it was made such a huge deal was because the game he was injured in was his best game ever. Their O-Line was their real problem.