Info on Tasmin Mitchell

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerPrideLSU, Apr 8, 2004.

1. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I talked to Tasmin's mom at Winn Dixie a few days ago and I had told her that a lot of people think Tasmin is going to go straight to the NBA. She told me that if he is a #1 to #13 pick, she'll allowed him to go. She told me though that she really wants him to go to LSU. If he is, and probably will be, the #1 senior in high school basketball, then he probably will be picked #1 to #13. I would love to see him come to LSU.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Is it possible to want Big Baby & Tasmin to sign with LSU just as much as I want them to go pro?

What a weird feeling...Pulling against John Brady while pulling for Tasmin & Big Baby...

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Why wouldn't you put the NBA on hold for at least 1 year. Party and best of all make a run for a NC.

(MOD edit: Do not be so graphic.)

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

That's the funniest thing I've heard ALL WEEK!!!!!

LSU - HOOPS NC????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As much as I would like to see it happen it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN even if we get Big Baby & Tasmin.....

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well there you have it, folks. TE's hatred for Brady supercedes his "love" of LSU. Anybody willing to sacrifice talent at LSU for the head of a coach is the worst kind of fan. Nothing you say from this point on (and I'm sure that will be plenty) will change that. Your colors have been posted for all to see.

6. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Tough choice... Better recruiting...

Putting aside the "bigger better" fan issue, I have to say, the general principles of going pro vs college for these high school players really is an incredible phenomenon now in college basketball. Two weekends ago, ESPN did a pretty long spot on this phenomenon, and today in the Advocate's article about Big Baby, emphasizes it even more.

The reality is more and more, if a high schooler is going to get a guaranteed contract by being picked in the first round, good luck having him go to college--what's the incentive to go at all? Party for one year? Chance to run at the NC? The number of Carmelo success stories are far dwarfed (at least as perceived by families of these high schoolers) by the cases where players feel they are wasting their time to go to college for a few years. It's very sad, IMO, b/c I'd love to see these kids get their education and play some college ball to keep the game at a superior level. But, unfortunately, I just don't see Tasmin playing at LSU if he goes within the top 13, which he probably will given that he'll be hyped as a top 3-5 high school player.

I think the other thing to take away is that Brady and staff have to do a better job of picking the right players to target and go after, in this backdrop. They should be targeting the top 25-100 high school kids, not the top 25, it seems these days.

7. lmb20988

lmb20988 Founding Member

I think we could go to the NC if we got Tasmin and Davis. That is if Bass stayed for his Junior year. Think about it...

PG-Tac Minor
    SG-Tasmin Mitchell
    SF-Regis Koundjia
    PF-Brandon Bass
    C-Glen Davis

Kounjai and Mitchell are interchangable at Shooting Guard and Small Forward, although it would be better to have Mitchell as the Guard seeing as how he most probably can shoot and handle the rock a lot better than Kounjia. I see Tac Minor making big strides in his play every year. Watch out, Tac will end up being very good. Mitchell is going to be the number one high school player in the nation next year. Look at what the past few number one high school players have done in college or the NBA. I see Koundjai becoming a better shooter the more time he spends in the gym. He should also attack the basket more because he has some nice hops if any of you watched enough to notice. Also, take notice how I spell Koundjia's name the right way, stop butchering it. Bass probably will go pro after his sophmore year, but he really should stay his Junior year to develop. Stromile is just turning into a very good player in the NBA. He should have stayed an extra year. By the way, watch Sportscenter Top 10, and there you will find Stromile. Moving on, Davis should be pretty good if he is within the top 25 high school players this year. After a year in the weight room and conditioning, I can see him making a big impact. There is so much potential and ability in that starting five that you can't possibly say that they had no chance at the NC.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The key word is POTENTIAL...

...and even if all of this is true - are they all really "team" players?

Will Davis & Mitchell fit into a team concept???

Your boy Tack had some problems with that this year...

...and he didn't even come in with the pub that Davis & Mitchell will...

You're hoping that an awful lot of pieces fall into place...

....with some very young kids....

...for us to contend for a NC...

...Sweet 16? Not out of the realm of possibilities...

...NC? ...I don't think so....

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

That's what I'm talking about. Kounjia is going to get a lot better. I think he has All-SEC potential a couple of years down the road.

Bass and Davis have 1st team SEC talent. Sounds like Tasmin might also from the way some of you talk about him.

I love the way Darrell Mitchell plays and Tac probably best personifies everyone's impression of current LSU basketball. Could be great immediately, early as next year, or maybe never will be under the current staff. Davis almost seems to be the make-it or break-it guy. I hope they build on last year and have some success.

10. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Tasmin is better than Bass and Davis right now. I really dont even think that that is a question! However I still do not believe we would win the NC due to the grimace.