Interesting note re: ESPN and SECN: your access on cable TV.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TerryP, May 13, 2013.

1. gumborue

gumborue Painfully Pessimistic

Virginia. I think i got to see every game i cared about. Never have done the ppv thing.

didnt think about the other sports. but if i cant get the channel then who cares?

2. gumborue

3. gumborue

4. lsufan52

lsufan52 lsu true and true

not cox dumb azzes

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

DirecTV will be on by summer, I predict, despite their comments that they will not offer it in the fall. Threatening not to air it is really their only bargaining chip with the SEC network to negotiate a price. They are not going to give up the Southeast to ATT and Dish.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Veteran Member Staff Member

I read today that SEC Network is bumping up their premiere date to August 14th. I assume their counter move to Directv.

7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

As a Dish customer, I wonder how hard I'm gonna get hit in the pocket book for all this?

8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Veteran Member

As a dish user I'm excited. I honestly don't expect it to be a huge increase. I already subscribe to the Top 250 and expect it to just slide right in to what I'm already paying. Worse case it increases it by a buck and I might just drop the cheap encore movie channels that I run just to pick a random movie every now and then.

Honestly, and I know this is getting into a completely different subject, I can't wait until every channel is offered alacarte over the internet. Or at the least if you can get networks of channels. I'd rather just give ESPN $6 a month to have access to all their channels and not have to buy a specific "package" from a provider.

9. gumborue

not looking good....

"Slive told the AP that he’s optimistic the SEC Network will add more carriers — currently only AT&T U-verse and Dish Network have signed on — but he also said, “whether it comes before or after we launch is another question.” Slive does not subscribe to AT&T U-verse or Dish so: “I will have the distributor or distributors that carry the SEC Network, which for me will require a change.” That doesn’t sound too promising."

http://mrsec.com/

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Internet baby

MLUTiger likes this.