Introducing Larry Brown, the new co-host of ESPN's College Football Radio Gameday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jul 11, 2004.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Just paraphrasing what I heard on ESPN Radio this afternoon (they have NFL talk on Sunday afternoons). Anyway, Sean Salisbury was introducing ESPN Radio's new College Football Radio Gameday co-host, a guy by the name of Larry Brown.

When asked by Sean if, "we could see an LSU-USC Orange Bowl, " Larry Brown replied by saying, "LSU wouldn't have a chance." Talks about how SC is too balanced, talented, and--get this---too well coached to not be National Champ this year.

He's taking Mel Kiper's place on ESPN Radio when it comes to college football, and will travel with Dave Reisen each week for ESPN Radio's College Football Gameday.

The two will be onsite Septeber 4. I think we LSU fans should give Mr. Brown---a self-professed "West Coast guy and USC fan"---an appropriate welcome.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The wheels JUST started turning...

3. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

What's the chances of ESPN not putting up the netting behind the GameDay guys this year?

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

He won't be up on the set...They have a secondary set that was set up underneath the ramp of the P-MAC last year...We need to hand out fliers with what he said..

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I heard Brown yesterday. At least he doesn't try to hide his allegiance. He states that he is a "West Coast guy". I really didn't have a problem with his pimping SC. He was pretty impressed with LSU too as I recall.

Read Shadeaux Caster's post in the Pollack thread. Says it all.