iPhone

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by TigerFan23, Aug 26, 2007.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Well, I broke down and finally bought one. I thought about waiting for the 2nd Generation (whenever that was supposed to come out) but after test driving my buddy's iPhone, I decided I just absolutely had to have one of my own.

The verdict: frigging awesome! I loved how I could activate it through iTunes at home. It was without a doubt the easiest cell phone buying experience I've had. Makes sense, though, since my MacBook has provided me with the easiest computing experience as well. I really like the fact that the phone will pick up a WiFi signal if you have one, vice just using the Edge network. And the fact that I could plug it in to my computer and all the contacts from my address book automatically transferred into the phone, so I didn't have to plug them all in individually, was great.

Definitely satisfied with my purchase so far and I'm sure I'll be getting the newer one whenever it comes out.

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

I would get one but I can't get away from the ease of use with my Blackberry regarding email/sms messaging.

3. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I just gave the Q to a friend and I'm rocking an En-V until my contract expires.

Then it's iPhone time!

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I've never had a Blackberry, but email and SMS with the iPhone is VERY easy. Typing does take a little getting used to, though.

5. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I got one the second day it was out. It's flipping sweet.

6. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

That's part of the problem though....my friend has one and I've tried to type with it and I always end up pressing the key next to it....

I dunno maybe I'm just too used to and happy with the Crackberry that I don't feel the need to change.

7. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I got one the day they came out.

It took a few days to get use to it.

I love it now.

Be sure to get a clear film protector for the display.

They are actually called "crystal film set." The package contains two screen films. I think it costs $14.95. Anyway, you don't want to get any scratches on the glass display.

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't listen to songs with the ipod feature through your car speakers like you can a regular ipod. 3rd party companies are working on a device that will allow you to, but they haven't done it yet.

8. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

How pissed are iPhone owners that Steve Jobs dropped the price on the iPhone $200 yesterday?

9. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

How pissed am I that the new iPods came out and I can't afford to get them all (yet alone one)?

10. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member